• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Fenners81

Reaction score
An internet image of my new Horween, heavy horse, Tricker's, tan super boots. MTO for The Bureau, Belfast. They are made of interesting and unusual veg tanned leather - one that Horween no longer make, I think. The only drawback, for me, is that they have leather soles. Lovely boots though. At £255, I bought them at 50% off the Tricker price of £510.

Three hoary old questions: Is it a good idea to put thin rubber soles over the top of the leather ones? Given that they look as if they have been sitting somewhere for a bit of time, should I give them a thin coat of Renovateur before I wear them? Is Renovateur a good thing to use on them very occasionally and otherwise use good dose of brushing?

Does anyone have experience of Horween's Old Horse leather? Finally, what are Tricker's 'Super boots'?

b1c07cb3cfbbbf610069a681958359cb.jpg
This talk of the bureau reminded me of these as I have regretted not buying them in the sale ever since @Munky beat me to it. This was completely down to my indecision and I was very pleased for munky obviously 😀 I'm keen to know how they're ageing munky so any pics would be appreciated so I can pretend that they're mine.

Last edited:

Fenners81

Reaction score

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Here's your answer - these have just been added. Still persisting with those bloody ugly soles sadly.
I like those soles but not to the extent that whoever is spec'ing things at the Bureau does. Also, how about something besides brown suede. Over the years the Bureau has had fantastic makeups. They need to get back to that.

Fenners81

Reaction score
I like those soles but not to the extent that whoever is spec'ing things at the Bureau does. Also, how about something besides brown suede. Over the years the Bureau has had fantastic makeups. They need to get back to that.
Agreed, they have had way better makeups. My comment on the soles was obviously just my own subjective opinion - I just wish they would cater to more tastes by varying it up.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score

alexst

Reaction score
Here we have some traditionnal makers of hiking/walking/working boots.
A lot a shepherds still use them. You can choose welts, soles, leathers... If searching for traditionnal leather boots it's an option to consider.

(I'm try to quote someone, this post is an answer to a previous post but I can't seem to manage it!)

thelonius

Reaction score
Here we have some traditionnal makers of hiking/walking/working boots.
A lot a shepherds still use them. You can choose welts, soles, leathers... If searching for traditionnal leather boots it's an option to consider.

(I'm try to quote someone, this post is an answer to a previous post but I can't seem to manage it!)
Merci beaucoup pour ce lien. Je ne connaissais pas ce fabricant auparavant. But looking at the photos of how the boots are made, it's strange - seems to show a guy really hand welting, but with a cemented canvas wall on the insole like they use for GYW, instead of a feathered insole. Anyway, that's drifting away from this thread's purpose. They look like nice hiking boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads