• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Baseball!

NavyStyles

Reaction score
Stu's idea of a perfect day: an ice-cold 12-pack a big pot of crawfish gumbo simmering slowly on the stove a Cubs double-header (that they sweep of course)
That middle phrase makes me think you've been to Louisiana a couple of times. If I'm mistaken and you haven't, what're you thinking?. C'mon down and get the real deal. CT Guy, Thankfully, the Yankees really seem to be sucking this year. All that money for A-Rod isn't looking so well spent quite yet.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frankly, I'm sick of hearing that Yankees-Red Sox is the "best rivalry in sports."  Since when is it a rivalry when one team wins all the time?

NavyStyles

Reaction score
Since when is it a rivalry when one team wins all the time?
Rivalries are about more than the here and now. When it comes to fierce rivalry, you must remember the importance of history. Besides, things seem to be looking up this year (fingers crossed) with the Sox leading the Yanks 6-1 in their meetings this season, including a 3-game sweep in the Bronx.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Hey, AC:

How about some Baltimore crab cakes?

The Mailman has come to life...

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stu's idea of a perfect day: an ice-cold 12-pack a big pot of crawfish gumbo simmering slowly on the stove a Cubs double-header (that they sweep of course)
That middle phrase makes me think you've been to Louisiana a couple of times. Â If I'm mistaken and you haven't, what're you thinking?. Â C'mon down and get the real deal. CT Guy, Â Â Thankfully, the Yankees really seem to be sucking this year. Â All that money for A-Rod isn't looking so well spent quite yet.
Actually, the only time I was in Louisiana was when I was about 10 years old, on a trip to New Orleans. I am a fanatic and dedicated cook, however, and find the city's cuisine to be the most interesting in the states. I have studied it extensively. Every Sunday I make a gumbo -- crawfish, shrimp or chicken, or a crawfish etoufee, or an oyster chowder, or today, it was Crawfish stew emile. All Cajun-style of course, none of that Yankee stuff. I would love to go there and eat a Po' Boy or a big ol' plate of rice and beans. But being married and having a toddler, most of my vacations are taken in Disney World.
biggrin.gif

NavyStyles

Reaction score
haha... well, good deal, Stu. Â Disney World isn't so bad -- after all, I believe that Emeril has a restaurant in the near-by Universal Studios in Orlando. Â But -- just for reference -- we've got family-friendly places down here. Â If you ever want to plan a trip to New Orleans, I'd be more than happy to help. Â
biggrin.gif

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The food in New Orleans is OUTSTANDING... certainly one of the best American regional foods. I can't get enough of turtle soup when I'm down there.

NavyStyles

Reaction score
One of the few things that can top living in New Orleans is having a brother who is a chef and also lives in New Orleans.

And, now to tie this in to the topic, GO Zephyrs. (AAA affiliate of the Houston Astros).  And, though they're in the NBA, I can't leave my Hornets out of the discussion.  Sting the Heat.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the few things that can top living in New Orleans is having a brother who is a chef and also lives in New Orleans.

And, now to tie this in to the topic, GO Zephyrs. (AAA affiliate of the Houston Astros).  And, though they're in the NBA, I can't leave my Hornets out of the discussion.  Sting the Heat.
Be careful what you wish for my friend. For certain death at the hands of the all-powerful Indiana Pacers awaits the poor fools who win the Heat-Hornets series.

NavyStyles

Reaction score
Impressive play by the Pacers this season, but it's impossible to ignore the fact that the Hornets split the season series with them (the most recent two games going in our favor, and one of the losses being by only 1 point). Only time will tell...

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a real dodger fan is not 'hardcore'. he attends the stadium for the atmosphere and the great dodger dogs. if the team wins, that's cool too.
I think this goes for all L.A. professional sports fans. Â That's why I will enjoy seeing the Spurs lay a smackdown on the Lakers for the second year in a row.
tounge.gif

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Gotta send props to my man Randy Johnson for his perfect game yesterday. Glad I happened to catch most of that game yesterday - nice to see history in the making.

Maybe this will get the D-Backs over their recent malaise.

Bradford

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Yep, Brad, that was great. Especially cuz I have him on my fantasy baseball team. I have Jason Schmidt too, and that poor guy was robbed of a no-hitter in Chicago. Unfortunately, I think both the D-Backs and Giants will be playing catch-up to the Dodgers unless some kind of trade happens... You gotta let the boys in blue win every 10 years or so.
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member