• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

best stretch slim-fit, straight leg jeans

quill

Reaction score
Forget stretch jeans.  They look sort of wierd on a guy.  

Excepting the stretch, the APC standard would probably fit your bill.  Check them out at Stel's and tell them that Fok sent you. The old standard (if you can find them somewhere) have a higher rise, and are closer to the 501s.  Thye are also reasonably priced.  Helmut Lang also does a classic, straightleg fit (get the bootcut though, it is really a straightleg.  The classic cut is rather tapered.)
Maybe some cuts/fits are a dead giveaway, but I'd honestly like to see someone point out 2% Lycra in combed cotton denim with 100% accuracy. I don't think it can be done.

As I understand it, FTC regulations require any fiber content OVER 2% to be listed (i.e., apparel with cashmere content under 2% cannot be called cashmere fabric). Lycra is the one exception, because its performance abililties at just 2% are significant enough to warrant its inclusion in hang tags and labels.

But stretch jeans looking weird on guys? Depends on the style, I'd say; not on the lycra itself.

Oltmann

Reaction score
They have plenty of slim-fit stretch jeans on goclothing.com from a company called "Rufskin."

I wouldn't recommend them, but it depends on your target audience.

We musn't judge.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
We musn't judge.
You must not spend a whole lot of time here.
biggrin.gif

Oltmann

Reaction score
Seriously now, not judging... but Rufskins?... Not for wearing on the street.
Unless that street happens to be Sunset Blvd., and you are looking for a "date."

quill

Reaction score
What's a "stretch" for some, ain't for others. I gotta' admit, the male of the species isn't wholly ready for the idea of stretch. BUT... a lot of guys are now using makeup, tanning, cosmetic surgery, and other forms of primping and preening formerly considered feminine proclivities at best. (Though truth be told, men were the arbiters of all things fashionable some couple hundred years ago). So take your pick. "Vanity, thy name is woman [no longer]."

boston

Reaction score
Hello all:

The goal of stretch wasn't to have painted on jeans. It was just so the seat would not turn into a nappy after prolonged sitting. This certainly falls into the category of "vanity", but not moreso than spending time on styleforum in general.

btw. Does anyone have any opinion on Diesel Turbostretch denim? Does it feel weird? They have a couple of straightleg styles available in those fabrics.

-boston

quill

Reaction score
Hello all:

The goal of stretch wasn't to have painted on jeans. It was just so the seat would not turn into a nappy after prolonged sitting. This certainly falls into the category of "vanity", but not moreso than spending time on styleforum in general.
-boston
THANK you, boston. Well put. Stretch jeans are no more egocentric than being particular about tailored fits, polish on shoes, and cuts on coats. That's what I was trying to say, though not as succinctly as you just did.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Moved to new Streetwear and Denim forum.

boston

Reaction score
Epilogue: In case you were wondering how it ended, I wound up buying a pair of rolan's in the 482 wash. I am guessing this is from a previous collection since I don't see the model or the wash on diesel.com, nor do they appear in google. I compared them to my levis just before tossing the old jeans out -- a 30x34 in diesel is more like a 32x36 in levis. Why they all can't have standard, honest sizing I don't know. At any rate, the true test of a jean comes when it hits its 4 year anniversary. I'll let you know how it goes
wink.gif
-boston

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In case you were wondering how it ended, I wound up buying a pair of rolan's in the 482 wash.

These are nice. If I remember correctly, a semi-rigid dark wash in pretty substantial denim, and the cut is a true straightleg, though a little on the relaxed side.

boston

Reaction score
Good memory, LA Guy. I'm not sure if I could characterize them as relaxed (are 501s relaxed?) at least not in the size I got them. But the denim is pretty dark, with nice striations and a grey cast. It also hasn't had too much treatment, and the jean itself does not have too much "stuff" added to it.

-boston

ps. what's the deal with "jean bars". When did it become normal to walk up to a counter and ask for stuff instead of looking at signage and trying a bunch of stuff on? You may have noticed, but premium jeans are new for me.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good memory, LA Guy. I'm not sure if I could characterize them as relaxed (are 501s relaxed?) at least not in the size I got them.

If you got them in your regular size, they would have been relaxed.

boston

Reaction score
That's true. I found that, in my regular size, they were way too large, so I bought them 2 (2.) sizes smaller.

-boston

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Since the original topic was about stretch jeans for men: I have a pair of Ferre Jeans made with some stretch material. Well that's what I think from the feel. The tag indicates 97%cotton 3% other materials so it could as well be chicken hide from all I know...

Now the question would be why would I even buy a pair of jeans from a company (Ittierre, the fashion borgs) who can't get tags right....

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member