• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Discoloration around the eyes

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
a couple months ago i started getting some discoloration around my eyes (mostly on top). My tan has covered it up pretty well but if you're close to me you can still see it. I recently started drinking more water since i figure dehydration might have something to do with it (the top inside corner of one of my eyes started getting dry peeling and getting red cause i scratch away the dead skin or it looks really obvious. My diet is OK, but not the best since i'm so lazy when it comes to that stuff. I don't know if it's just dehydration or what but it's really starting to bother me. the area around my eyes often feels quite oily too. Anyway I'm looking for suggestions on how to get rid of the discoloration. Has anyone used Zirh Restore? It supposedly helps but that's just what i got off their webpage
tounge.gif
I'm also curious as to why a couple of you are switching from zirh to aramis surface line products. Were the zirh products you used not effective? I have pretty good skin but it needs work in a couple areas so i'm thinking of going the patrick bateman way ;p I was gonna go with all zirh products but if others are more effective then i'll try them first instead. Are aramis products more or less expensive than the equivalent zirh products? I was initially thinking about zirh clean, protect, scrub, fix, restore and maybe a mask once in a while. If anyone has comments on anything i mentioned pls share.

GQ Lawyer

Reaction score
The Zirh Restore and the Correction gel are for ****. They don't do anything.

For eye discolleration, try drinking more water, warm compresses to get the blood circulating, some moisturizure (lubriderm is cheap and works fine since all "eye moisturizers" are just plain moisturizers that are gimmicked-up), and my personal favorite, the Red Devil Hangover Mask (I think it can be found on-line). This is an eye mask that you put in the fridge to get cold and then put over your eyes. It is heaven (especially after a hangover).

A quick-fix suggestion is the Aramis Surface blemish stick. I use it for the circles under the eyes. Just an idea.

thc

Reaction score
Zirh products contain loads of peppermint and menthol, which are very irritating to many peoples' skin. Zirh is owned by the Shiseido company and grew in popularity due to prescient marketing and good product placement (was used by Tom Cruise in Eyes Wide Shut, e.g.).

I personally use Peter Thomas Roth, Kiehl's and Aesop for my skincare needs, in case anyone's curious.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nancy43213