• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you RIDE today?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Longest distance in one shot was 518 miles in 47.5 hours, though I've also covered 509 miles in 42.5 hours.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I rode a leisurely 33 miles today on the road bike. On Friday, I rode 13.5 miles on my mountain bike. I'm way more focused on running right now, but it's good to mix things up a bit now and then!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in following, there are three riders attempting to break the one-year cycling record which was set by Tommy Goodwin in 1939 (75,065 miles!).

This is an official competition sanctioned by the Ultramarathon Cycling Association. The riders declared their start dates, which is why they didn't all start on January 1.

So far, Kurt is doing the most miles, but Stephen isn't far behind. Both are ahead of Tommy's pace. My understanding is that William is planning to get going into much higher mileage days soon.

My friend Dex is keeping an unofficial log (the UMCA is working on an official version). Have you ridden over 4000 miles so far in 2015??

http://dextooke.wix.com/ultradex#!hamr/c22vj

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
51 miles today on a beautiful day!

vlxvndr

Reaction score
32km net commuting today. Getting mentally psyched for a big ride tomorrow to celebrate labour day and tick off that Gran Fondo 120 on Strava.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
22.3 miles of mixed terrain (on my cyclocross bike) on a gorgeous fall evening.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
13.5 miles of mixed terrain, including my first visit to the Valmont Bike Park, which was tons of fun. I'll going to need to bring my mountain bike there as well.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta get back out there more often. I rode 14.4 miles around lunchtime. Today is the first 80 degree day of the season!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mellow 19.3 miles.

oldandslow

Reaction score
Besides the usual weekly 'flat' local 40-50km. ride on the road bike, I got in a couple of cottage country rides on the cross bike last week. 20-30 km. each, winding and scenic combination of paved and gravel, with some nasty short climbs, and to ensure that you kept moving and didn't linger, the black flies were out.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
17.75 mile loop this evening.

Eljay

Reaction score
I sorta lost all interest in cycling since a car hit me last year.
I used to work as a bike messenger at one point and do like 100 miles per day and in 2014 I trained about 600 miles per
week for six months to do a race across Europe. Now I hardly get on my bike to ride to the shops.
I now mainly do spinning, swimming and HIIT at the gym. No cars there to drive you over.
cold[1].gif

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members