• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Memorable meals

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Food was 100% worth it. We all ordered the 16 course, "grand degustation," tasting menu. The dishes went from incredibly OTT, like the confit onion tart with housemade bacon covered in black truffles to this dish that was just faro in a super savory broth...but that had gold leaf on it to eat. I remember the first course everyone had this huge caviar tin set in front of them, the servers pull the lid off, and it's caviar then seafood underneath that was incredible. Here's a pic:

3fe260bbfdd4a1083c181bfdb411a2a4--joel-robuchon-fiji.jpg
I still have fond memories of that caviar tin. TBH I don’t remember the other courses. I do remember there was a picture of Nicolas Cage on the shelf behind my wife.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I found some pictures from The Mansion.
IMG_0457.JPG
IMG_0458.JPG
IMG_0459.JPG
IMG_0460.JPG
IMG_0461.JPG
IMG_0462.JPG
IMG_0463.JPG
IMG_0464.JPG
IMG_0465.JPG
IMG_0466.JPG

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
This was the setting for our 20th anniversary dinner. Private beach cabana, Ritz Cancun. Look at the moon. I remember we ate a lot of really good seafood, cold Champs, and being together in this setting. Romantic AF.

IMG_3824.JPG

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This reminds me of my college graduation dinner. Grew up in a very blue collar family and I was the first one to go to college. After I graduated we went out to what I, at the time, considered to be a pretty fancy meal (it wasnt but it was great nonetheless).

It was the first time my father ever used a credit card to pay for anything as he was and is an all cash type.

He paid the bill and we left only to later learn that he didnt realize he could tip on his credit card so he tipped in cash and then wrote that amount in on the gratuity line of the check.

He said he didnt care because it was worth it. Turns out the waiter realized the error, took the cash but crossed out the credit card tip.

likewise i was first of my folks to graduate college . i ended up opting for a brunch at a crepe place in santa barbara it was really a perfect meal . my idiot sister tried to order egg beaters to signal her diet the french staff was like 'quoi' ?

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
we enjoy Grand Cayman a great deal… lots of great meals there… best (fancy) food is probably at eric ripert’s place “Blue” in the ritz BUT the most memorable meals for me are at a more locals only type place called Grand Old House on the other side of the island.

cannot vividly recall a single thing I have eaten there, but I sure remember the sunset views.

1644284748835.jpeg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
A memorable meal at home would be the time I cooked the first sausages I made. It was a recipe from Rhulman's book Charcuterie. Roasted poblano and cilantro with some nice spices. It was so rich, so tender, so juicy (TWSS!) It really opened my eyes about what a sausage could be (TWSS!)

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have never made my own sausage… to do it right, you really need a dedicated grinder and stuffer, yes?

edit: other than breakfast sausage patties, but thats like cheating.

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
65BBD95F-C0E5-4442-882A-719871E2E471.jpeg

November 2020, homemade venison sausage from a doe I harvested. I roasted serrano peppers, added them with other spices and a little pork fat. Roasted on skewers over well-seasoned hickory.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1752314

November 2020, homemade venison sausage from a doe I harvested. I roasted serrano peppers, added them with other spices and a little pork fat. Roasted on skewers over well-seasoned hickory.
But did you have a dedicated stuffer?

Cool picture too!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads