• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Must Hear Podcasts

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hardcore History, Stuff You Should Know, Stuff You Missed in History Class, Skeptoid, Skeptic's Guide to the Universe. Also Point of Inquiry and the Intelligence Squared (US and UK - can't get enough Oxford style debates)

Removed Penn Gillette's podcast from my subscriptions because an asshole atheist is still an asshole lol.

Still looking for a decent paranormal/fortean podcast that isn't C2C AM, but they all suck.

Last edited:

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i listen to a lot on my cycle commute

Hardcore History - Popular history
BBC5 Simon and Mayo Film Review - Best film review podcast
Stones Throw Records Pod Cast - hip hop, soul, reggae
BBC4 In Our Time with Melvin Bragg - Smart English folk
BBC4 Documentary of the week - Interesting English folk
This American Life - Interesting American folk
ABC RN Late Night Live - Interesting Australian interviews

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ J Dilla... RIP, nice avatar

Jay Mohr had Jim Jeffries on the other day, the guy tells an epic story.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yesterday's Carolla show with David Alan Grier was absolutely hilarious. He is one of the best guests ever. http://adamcarolla.com/david-alan-grier-5/

DAG is brilliant on that show. They play off each other really well. That part about Teddy Pendergrass was fantastic stuff. I also love how he interrupts Adam's commercial reads and gets under his skin.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I've desperately tried to find podcasts I really like, but haven't had as much luck as I'd hoped. These are my go to podcasts for now. Please recommend me some more if you think I'd like them.

In Our Time with Melvyn Bragg (BBC Culture/History)
Entitled Opinions (eccentric Stanford guy's topical discussion)
Partially Examined Life (Philosophy for confused novices)
Radiolab
This American Life
New Yorker Fiction Audio
Here's The Thing w/ Alec Baldwin (I've come to really like Alec)

I've tried to do the Moth, Dan Carlin's various offerings, The Dinner Party, The Truth, and some others, but they haven't stuck for one reason or another. In general, I just want something in the background that doesn't require too much concentration but might hopefully make me more informed on things worth knowing. I also need a comedy podcast to go to, and an educational music podcast would be nice.

Last edited:

100 yrs

Reaction score
does anyone listen to the best show on wfmu? it's one of my most favorite things. it's a slow burn and nuanced, and it helps if you're in on some of the jokes, but it's oh so good.

In high school and college, I used to listen to loveline almost every night, and even have a couple of years worth of archives on a hard drive that i listen to periodically. although, i just can't quite get into the carolla podcast.

i also listen to Jordan Jesse Go. it's pretty solid.

and WTF with Marc Maron is good.

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

does anyone listen to the best how on wfmu?

and WTF with Marc Maron is good.

Did a search, its called "the best how"? No hits.

I tired of Macon, he's grating after a while.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads