• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

MERZ B. SCHWANEN WINTER COLLECTION AND T-SHIRTS​

We’ve just received new Merz B. Schwanen winter colors in tees, sweaters, socks, and underwear and a huge restock of previously released t-shirts, underwear, and sweaters in various fibers and colors, all loopwheeled, and ready for the winter.

Over the past six years Merz B. Schwanen has slowly turned into many of our clients’ favorite basics brand. The combination of attention to detail, breadth of textile styles, and various colors and fibers has turned Merz into a basics powerhouse. Cotton garments are made of organic Greek cotton then loopwheeled on vintage knitting machines in Germany and finished with vintage-correct construction and trim. Everything from the knitting to the cutting and sewing is done in-house at Merz. The attention to detail in their tees, sweaters, and underwear is impressive and we're excited to be able to expand what we stock from them.

Shop Merz B. Schwanen Online: https://www.selfedge.com/merz-b-schwanen
Merz_b._Schwanen_Super_Duper_Heavyweight_T-Shirt_14oz_Ruby_Red_2S14.507-1-680x1025.jpg

Merz_B._Schwanen_Loopwheeled_Half-Zip_Sweater_12oz_Desert_Sun_342Z.201-01-680x1025.jpg

Merz_b_Schwanen_Extra-Fine_Merino_Wool_Socks_MW72_MW75-1-680x1025.jpg

Merz_b._Schwanen_2_Thread_Heavy_Weight_T_Shirt_Henley_Natural_w-Regular_Sleeve-1-680x1025.jpg

merz_b_pocket_tshirt_gray_01-680x1025.jpg

merz_boxer_inkblue_01-681x1025.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

IRON HEART'S 888 JEAN & SELVEDGE CHAMBRAY SHIRTS​

Iron Heart's 888 jean is now available in their 21oz SBG (Super Black Fade-To-Gray) denim, 21oz indigo flagship denim, and an overdyed black version of the same indigo denim. The 888 model is Iron Heart's high rise straight tapered fit, a silhouette which has become quite popular over the last couple of years.

We've also received a fresh run of their 10oz selvedge chambray shirts with snap buttons.

Shop Iron Heart Online: https://www.selfedge.com/iron-heart

Iron_Heart_888s_SBG_Super_Black_Fade-To-Gray_Denim_High_Rise_Straight_Tapered_Fit-001-680x1025.jpg

Iron_Heart_888s_SBG_Super_Black_Fade-To-Gray_Denim_High_Rise_Straight_Tapered_Fit-01-265x400.jpg

ih_888_01-680x1025.jpg

ih_888od_01-680x1025.jpg

IH_Chambray_Snap_Buttoned_Shirt_1-680x1025.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

3SIXTEEN X SELF EDGE TONALITY OF TERRAIN COLLECTION​

Introducing the 3sixteen x Self Edge Tonality Of Terrain garment-dyed collection, produced to celebrate 20 years of 3sixteen and 19 years of carrying the line at our stores (the pre-Self Edge Turf and now at Self Edge). Three colors, seven garments, all inspired by the layers of Earth. We have jeans in 3sixteen's classic tapered fit, zip hoodies, pull-over hoodies, thermal shirts, and pocket tees. Available now at all five Self Edge stores in limited numbers.

Shop The Collection Online: https://www.selfedge.com/3sixteen
3sixteen_x_Self_Edge_Tonality_Of_Terrain_Collection_Classic_Tapered_Jeans_Warm_Moss-001-680x1025.jpg

3sixteen_x_Self_Edge_Tonality_Of_Terrain_Collection_Classic_Tapered_Jeans_Warm_Moss-01-265x400.jpg

3sixteen_x_Self_Edge_Tonality_Of_Terrain_Collection_Pocket_T-Shirt_Red_Clay-1-680x1025.jpg

3sixteen_x_Self_Edge_Tonality_Of_Terrain_Collection_Pocket_T-Shirt_Warm_Moss-1-680x1025.jpg

3sixteen_x_Self_Edge_Tonality_Of_Terrain_Collection_Pocket_T-Shirt_Red_Sand-1-680x1025.jpg

3sixteen_x_Self_Edge_Tonality_Of_Terrain_Collection_Long_Sleeve_Thermal_Red_Sand-1-680x1025.jpg

3sixteen_x_Self_Edge_Tonality_Of_Terrain_Collection_Zip_Hoodie_Warm_Moss-001-680x1025.jpg

3sixteen_x_Self_Edge_Tonality_Of_Terrain_Collection_Pull-Over_Hoodie_Red_Clay-001-680x1025.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

SUGAR CANE WINTER COLLECTION - DELIVERY 3​

Our final winter delivery of the season from Sugar Cane is here. We have new bleached flannel shirts, indigo-dyed workshirts, flannel lined corduroy Type II jackets, 2014 indigo selvedge jeans, and a full restock of Whitesville t-shirts in white.

Shop Sugar Cane Online: https://www.selfedge.com/sugar-cane

Sugar_Cane_PEABERRY_Heavy_Twill_Flannel_Lot._29180_Aged_Navy-001-680x1025.jpg

Sugar_Cane_Fiction_Romance_Indigo-Dyed_Check_Workshirt_Lot._29183-01-680x1025.jpg

Sugar_Cane_Type_II_Jacket_Heavy_Flannel_Lined_Black_Cord-001-680x1025.jpg

WV_WHITE_01-717x1078.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

DANDY'S 2024 EYEWEAR COLLECTION​

The new 2024 collection of eyewear from Dandy’s is here. The new collection consists of four new models made in their own workshop in Segusino, Italy.

Many of their shapes and styles are inspired by Enzo Ferrari who built his legacy just a couple of hours away. The studio has been producing eyewear for 45 years using only original Italian acetates and in-house designed stainless steel hinges. They believe modern production methods have become too precise and polished so some of the frames are literally unfinished, giving the frames a very natural human quality. Some are partially unfinished, some are completely unfinished with the machine markings from the cutting of the in-house acetate. It’s quite wild, and extremely unique. Most of the frames are larger than all the eyewear brands we currently carry; great if you’ve been wanting a larger or bolder frame.

Shop Dandy's Online: https://www.selfedge.com/dandys
Dandys_Hand_Cut_Acetate_Sunglasses_Payton_SA5-1-680x1025.jpg

Dandys_Hand_Cut_Acetate_Sunglasses_Payton_SA5-6-265x400.jpg

Dandys_Hand_Cut_Acetate_Sunglasses_Levante_VR22-1-680x1025.jpg

Dandys_Hand_Cut_Acetate_Sunglasses_Mr._Big_GR6-1-680x1025.jpg

Dandys_Hand_Cut_Acetate_Sunglasses_Big_Man_STMA-1-680x1025.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

GOOD ART MODEL 10 STERLING SILVER BRACELET​

Believe it or not, Good Art’s iconic Model 10 bracelet is back! These went out of production some years ago and we’re happy to announce they’ve brought them back in a (very) limited run. These are produced in three gauges and five lengths, now come with individual serial numbers engraved onto a link, and are available now at all four of our stores in the states and online.

Shop Good Art Online: https://www.selfedge.com/good-art
Good_Art_Model_10_Sterling_Silver_Bracelet-01-680x1025.jpg

Good_Art_Model_10_Sterling_Silver_Bracelet-03-265x400.jpg

Good_Art_Model_10_Sterling_Silver_Bracelet-05-265x400.jpg

Good_Art_Model_10_Sterling_Silver_Bracelet-12-225x400.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to At The Edge.

Self Edge is now 17 years old. We’re not yet old enough to vote, but we’re old enough to know better. Since we first opened up shop on Valencia St. in San Francisco in 2006, we’ve learned so much and met so many wonderful people. Now that we’re growing up—a little bit, at least—we think it’s time to tell some stories, share some knowledge, and introduce you to some of the remarkable personalities we’ve met along the way.

LEARN ABOUT IT: LOOPWHEELED FABRICS: First up with we have a little write-up with accompanying photographs about loopwheeled fabrics, click the link in our bio to check it out or go to our Editorials page on our new site. We’ll be updating our editorials section of our (new) site every 2 to 3 weeks with new LEARN ABOUT IT posts, interviews, Self Edge Records playlists, and much more.

https://www.selfedge.com/index.php?route=selfedge/editorial

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

STUDIO D'ARTISAN NATURAL INDIGO DYED DENIM JEANS​

Studio D'Artisan knows their way around the finer details of working with natural indigo, so it's no surprise that their new SD-808 jean is made of such a beautiful fabric. This new denim is slightly hairy when new, has a light slub character due to the medium staple cotton used, and has been rope-dyed meaning it will age in a slightly more dramatic way compared to many other natural indigo dyed denim fabrics. These come in a straight tapered fit with a medium rise and the jean is finished with herringbone twill pocket bags.

We've also received a new run of their 14oz denim western shirts, and now available up to size 46 for the first time.

Shop Studio D'Artisan Online: https://www.selfedge.com/studio-dartisan

Studio_DArtisan_SD-808_Natural_Indigo_15oz_Denim_Jeans_Straight_Tapered-01-680x1025.jpg

Studio_DArtisan_SD-808_Natural_Indigo_15oz_Denim_Jeans_Straight_Tapered-04-265x400.jpg

Studio_DArtisan_SD-808_Natural_Indigo_15oz_Denim_Jeans_Straight_Tapered-08-265x400.jpg

Studio_DArtisan_SD-808_Natural_Indigo_15oz_Denim_Jeans_Straight_Tapered-11-265x400.jpg

Studio_DArtisan_14oz_Denim_Western_Snap_Shirt-001-680x1025.jpg

Studio_DArtisan_14oz_Denim_Western_Snap_Shirt-03-603x400.jpg

harorld

Reaction score
I've been wearing the Iron Heart X Self Edge 8301 and 301 for the past ten years+ and think it's time to change things up. I'd like something with a similar fit, but just a bit more relaxed in the upper leg/thigh (I've got meatier upper legs).

Could you recommend other denim I should check out? Doesn't specifically need to be Iron Heart and doesn't need to be 21oz (a lighter denim would actually be preferred).

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I've been wearing the Iron Heart X Self Edge 8301 and 301 for the past ten years+ and think it's time to change things up. I'd like something with a similar fit, but just a bit more relaxed in the upper leg/thigh (I've got meatier upper legs).

Could you recommend other denim I should check out? Doesn't specifically need to be Iron Heart and doesn't need to be 21oz (a lighter denim would actually be preferred).
Yes, definitely!
I highly recommend the 633 from IH: https://www.selfedge.com/index.php?route=product/search&search=633&
Or Strike Gold's straight tapered fits: https://www.selfedge.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=59&manufacturer_id=43&filter=364

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

MASAHIRO MARUYAMA TITANIUM & ACETATE SUNGLASSES​

This week we have nine new titanium eyewear models from Masahiro Maruyama’s new 2024 collection. All nine are made of titanium with Japanese acetate temples and come with tinted Carl Zeiss lenses with each frame's lens color matching the frame to the designer's specifications. As always, these lenses can be swapped out for prescription lenses by any optician.

These frames are quite unique and the attention to detail in both design and material finish is top notch, truly he's pushing the boundaries of eyewear design and manufacturing.

Shop Masahiro Maruyama Online: https://www.selfedge.com/masahiro-maruyama
Masahiro_Maruyama_Titanium_Sunglasses_MM-0071_1_Black_Gold-1-680x1025.jpg

Masahiro_Maruyama_Titanium_Sunglasses_MM-0071_3_Clear_Gray_Gold-1-680x1025.jpg

Masahiro_Maruyama_Titanium_Sunglasses_MM-0080_2_Black_Gold_Silver-1-680x1025.jpg

Masahiro_Maruyama_Titanium_Sunglasses_MM-0080_3_Navy_Silver_Gold-1-680x1025.jpg

Masahiro_Maruyama_Titanium_Sunglasses_MM-0082_3_Red_Yellow_Orange-1-680x1025.jpg

Masahiro_Maruyama_Titanium_Sunglasses_MM-0085_3_Green-1-680x1025.jpg

Masahiro_Maruyama_Titanium_Sunglasses_MM-0086_1_Black-1-680x1025.jpg

Masahiro_Maruyama_Titanium_Sunglasses_MM-0088_3_Clear_Red-1-680x1025.jpg

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score

SonnyTheElder

Reaction score

I was in the exact situation with the 8301s, and I've found the IH 888 to work well in addition to Kiya's recommendation of the 633.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

RICK OWENS LIDO FOOTWEAR COLLECTION​

Three new footwear models from the newly released LIDO collection from Rick Owens. All three are hand-made in Italy with stitch-down soles using Rick Owens developed doeskin and cotton barre uppers. Available now at all stores in limited numbers.

Shop Rick Owens Online: https://www.selfedge.com/rick-owens
Rick_Owens_DRKSHDW_Vintage_HIGH_Sneaks_Black_Milk_Milk_Doeskin-01-680x1025.jpg

Rick_Owens_DRKSHDW_Vintage_HIGH_Sneaks_Natural_Milk_Milk_Doeskin-1-680x1025.jpg

Rick_Owens_DRKSHDW_Ramones_Dark_Dust_Milk_Milk_Cotton_Barre-01-680x1025.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics