• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stylewords

Reaction score
Question.

Does the Italian button-down collar look unproportional to someone with a 15.5 neck? Especially when a tie is not worn, which this something I rarely wear.
It's a question of taste. I have a couple but I do think they look a bit exaggerated. I prefer the normal BD.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And yes the LP collars ping out and ride on top of the lapel

View attachment 1830075
Its a look I guess but not one I take an instant liking to. Without a jacket the LP gives you a wing look. The flying nun
View attachment 1830076
A pair of flexible plastic stays needed

Thanks for posting this, the collar looks great on the web photos but rather disappointing IRL - I saw that the same collar has just been used on a Mannequin shot of the Minnis navy flannel suit and its clear the points don’t extend under the lapels. This collar needs revising IMO to lengthen/spread the points a little further, let's hope for a V2. For now I shall be cancelling my order.

Last edited:

Click821

Reaction score
Is a 15.5 your true size? Not sure if just the angle but could you go down a size in the neck/are you between sizes? I see lots of people with collars that are too large in circumference for their necks
It is, but thats my personal preference. I like to be able to fit 2 fingers when buttoned. I prefer not to have them too tight where I get choked out or have q red line around my neck when I take it off. This is buttoned for me
20220908_162745~2.jpg

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is, but thats my personal preference. I like to be able to fit 2 fingers when buttoned. I prefer not to have them too tight where I get choked out or have q red line around my neck when I take it off. This is buttoned for me View attachment 1830317
I'd be curious to see how it (or any other dress shirt of yours) looks buttoned. That looks quite big. I get personal preference, and certainly get not wanting to asphyxiate yourself, but the alternate extreme can look a tad sloppy. Which, not saying this does when buttoned, but, from the above, it certainly seems as though it might lean that way.

Click821

Reaction score
I'd be curious to see how it (or any other dress shirt of yours) looks buttoned. That looks quite big. I get personal preference, and certainly get not wanting to asphyxiate yourself, but the alternate extreme can look a tad sloppy. Which, not saying this does when buttoned, but, from the above, it certainly seems as though it might lean that way.
No problem, I'll grab one shortly and post for feed back. Certainly curious on thoughts. I agree, and prefer not to have the sloppy look going on. I'll do one with and without a tie although I strongly dislike the buttoned without a tie look very much.

JayDee90

Reaction score
It is, but thats my personal preference. I like to be able to fit 2 fingers when buttoned. I prefer not to have them too tight where I get choked out or have q red line around my neck when I take it off. This is buttoned for me View attachment 1830317
I am all for personal preference, but this looks quite loose. I think you could easily go down a size (i.e. half size in the neck) while being nowhere near tight.

sdjackofclubs

Reaction score
Good morning! Is anyone else (besides me) getting an error message when trying to check out this morning? I'm trying to take advantage of that FLASH sale.Thanks.
Never mind. I figured it out. User error. Damn T Rex brain of mine...

Imperatores

Reaction score

BlueSteel

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics