• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Truman Boots

carlos20co

Reaction score
Under the sun

712419AC-BF6F-436B-A44A-98CD89382CA7.jpeg

7C68FA22-1D88-452D-A498-105F81F73EB3.jpeg

Commisar

Reaction score
Truman’s boots fit true to size. If you don’t have a high volume wide foot then you may be able to squeeze 1/2 size down from brannock but I wouldn’t recommend it. Grant stones last are a half size in length bigger then Truman’s and whites in my experience are a full size bigger in length… I don’t have any experience with the other brands you mentioned tho other then red wing but not that particular boot. I believe it’s discontinued
Good to know

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My only Trumans.....Vintage Military Horse Rump a.k.a. Olive Green boots
20230508_162103.jpg
20230508_162045.jpg
20230508_162008.jpg

roz77

Reaction score
Did anyone get in on the Burgundy Rambler that was just released? Did they have any stock in EE widths, or was it all just D widths?

roz77

Reaction score
Did anyone get in on the Burgundy Rambler that was just released? Did they have any stock in EE widths, or was it all just D widths?
If anyone is interested, they said the run was too small to do any EE widths. I get they had to make some changes for business purposes, but it is incredibly frustrating not to be able to get in on stuff like this.

blue123

Reaction score
Truman sizing question. I measure 10.3 on the brannock. I also wear a really thin 3/4 metatarsal insert by pedag. The Alden Barrie in 9.5 D is perfect for me. is the Truman 79 last smaller than the Barrie? Not sure if they run similar in sizing.

Arrow509

Reaction score
Truman sizing question. I measure 10.3 on the brannock. I also wear a really thin 3/4 metatarsal insert by pedag. The Alden Barrie in 9.5 D is perfect for me. is the Truman 79 last smaller than the Barrie? Not sure if they run similar in sizing.
I wear the same size in both. The Truman 79 last is pretty narrow in the toebox and going half down from brannock for me leaves probably a smaller amount of space in front of the toes than I prefer. With you being over a 10 on the brannock, going with a 9.5 in the truman 79 might not work out well. I don't really know how your insert would affect the fit of it, either.

As far as width at the ball of the foot and through the waist and heel you'll probably be fine with a 9.5D. Again, I would probably be more concerned about the toebox, though. I personally would try a 10D and go from there as you can always exchange for a different size.

blue123

Reaction score
I wear the same size in both. The Truman 79 last is pretty narrow in the toebox and going half down from brannock for me leaves probably a smaller amount of space in front of the toes than I prefer. With you being over a 10 on the brannock, going with a 9.5 in the truman 79 might not work out well. I don't really know how your insert would affect the fit of it, either.

As far as width at the ball of the foot and through the waist and heel you'll probably be fine with a 9.5D. Again, I would probably be more concerned about the toebox, though. I personally would try a 10D and go from there as you can always exchange for a different size.
Thanks, I ended up ordering a 10D in Java Waxed. Hopefully the work on the first go around.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics