• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Squizzy3k

Reaction score
It seems unlike Viberg to do a collaboration like that when he just did one with Rancourt.
Let us not forget…
IMG_4976.jpeg

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some people are saying the desktop version and the mobile version of the site has different stock so I dunno :confused2:

Edit: looks like the site was just broken (again) and it should be working on both mobile and desktop now

Jason16502

Reaction score
I noticed this as well with my most recent pair. My last pair is from sometime in 2018. These look and feel like different boots/lasts, but I don't mind it much on this particular makeup. Lots of differences.
Do you have a photo comparison? I’ve got an 8 year old pair of 2030 service boots and just got a pair of Uplands on the archive sale. The Uplands are Vibergs chukka style and has a very tight heel and looks much dressier and similar to Alden. I was assuming this was just because of the last and style differences, but could this be a universal change? Thanks!

Jason16502

Reaction score
Got my pair of Uplands in the Noix Eco, and so far I’m a very enthusiastic and optimistic “Meh”…. First, they are much more refined than any other Vibergs I’ve owned, and remind me more of a better quality/more robust Alden. The leather is very soft, but I must admit I don’t love the homogeneity of color. I was hoping for something closer to chromexcel minus the chrome. No visible damage and they fit really well for not ever trying this last (I went a .5 down from my service boots). There are a few sloppy spots on the edge dressing, they came w/ 54” laces that aren’t useable in these, and one small stitch popped loose after the first full days wear… Hope that doesn’t become an issue later! Anyways, here are a few pics:
Hi, posting a couple follow up pics of the Uplands
Got my pair of Uplands in the Noix Eco, and so far I’m a very enthusiastic and optimistic “Meh”…. First, they are much more refined than any other Vibergs I’ve owned, and remind me more of a better quality/more robust Alden. The leather is very soft, but I must admit I don’t love the homogeneity of color. I was hoping for something closer to chromexcel minus the chrome. No visible damage and they fit really well for not ever trying this last (I went a .5 down from my service boots). There are a few sloppy spots on the edge dressing, they came w/ 54” laces that aren’t useable in these, and one small stitch popped loose after the first full days wear… Hope that doesn’t become an issue later! Anyways, here are a few pics:
Hi, wanted to post a couple follow up photos of the Noix Eco Upland chukka boots. Been wearing them daily for the last three weeks and they fit like a glove! Unlined, so to caves in a bit but I’m hoping it turns out like a Clinch! 😝

Attachments

• IMG_3100.jpeg
    IMG_3100.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_3099.jpeg
    IMG_3099.jpeg
    162 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3101.jpeg
    IMG_3101.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 107

enojy

Reaction score
Do you have a photo comparison? I’ve got an 8 year old pair of 2030 service boots and just got a pair of Uplands on the archive sale. The Uplands are Vibergs chukka style and has a very tight heel and looks much dressier and similar to Alden. I was assuming this was just because of the last and style differences, but could this be a universal change? Thanks!
Sure, I have a few photos, but I can take some more tomorrow (older pair on left in both photos.) I share your sentiment in that they look and feel much more dressy, and the heel is definitely more snug (a welcome difference to me!) A stream of consciousness list of differences: higher SPI everywhere, neater finishing, less-pronounced almond toe, GYW-looking construction (toe rounds over the edges rather than clearly being stitched straight down onto the welt,) slimmer heel (3 1/4" rather than 3 1/2",) slimmer leather midsole. None of these are particularly good or bad changes to me, except it all does add up to a decidedly dressier boot.

Attachments

• IMG_3476.jpeg
    IMG_3476.jpeg
    479.3 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_3437.jpeg
    IMG_3437.jpeg
    580.5 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:

espen

Reaction score
Wondering if someone has some advice on the 2030 last? I’m a 10D in Alden, and limited experience with Viberg lasts. The best I have was a pair of boots in the 2020 last in a 9, but those felt tight across the top of my foot.

Looking at the Outsider Chelsea, wondering if a 9.5 or 10 would be the way to go.

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member