• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wondering if someone has some advice on the 2030 last? I’m a 10D in Alden, and limited experience with Viberg lasts. The best I have was a pair of boots in the 2020 last in a 9, but those felt tight across the top of my foot.

Looking at the Outsider Chelsea, wondering if a 9.5 or 10 would be the way to go.

Thanks
Do you know your brannock? Half size down from brannock is best. Assume you are referring to Barrie/TB as your Alden last in 10, if so generally that is half down from brannock too so take the same size.

sononchalant

Reaction score
Wondering if someone has some advice on the 2030 last? I’m a 10D in Alden, and limited experience with Viberg lasts. The best I have was a pair of boots in the 2020 last in a 9, but those felt tight across the top of my foot.

Looking at the Outsider Chelsea, wondering if a 9.5 or 10 would be the way to go.

Thanks

Would be easier to make an informed suggested if you knew your brannock heel-to-ball size, but if you're a 10D in the Barrie or TruBalance last I would suggest a 10E in 2030.

The Outsider Chelsea is on some weird last called the 500 last, which allegedly is similar to 2030 but with a rounder toe. I don't think many people here would have experience with it.

espen

Reaction score
Nice ones @jischwar and @sononchalant ! I’m a 10.5D on the brannock, and like the idea of going with a 10 and adequate room in the boot. I’ve never had good success with boots or shoes stretching which seems like madness.

WatchesCars

Reaction score

Thanks

sounds like your brannock is 10.5, in which case id go 9.5 on the vibergs. I am an 8 alden barrie and 7.5 on vibergs 2030/2050/2020. The fact that you can even get youre foot into the 9 tells me 9.5 is the way to go

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks
Take same as you would in Alden Trubalance/Barrie;half down from brannock

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice ones @jischwar and @sononchalant ! I’m a 10.5D on the brannock, and like the idea of going with a 10 and adequate room in the boot. I’ve never had good success with boots or shoes stretching which seems like madness.
.5 down is always the safer bet with Viberg. With a preorder and it being a "new" last all the more.

patinapatty

Reaction score
View attachment 2059367
Got my 145s in from the rivet & hide MTO. Ordered mid brown waxed flesh and suede in same style with moreflex soles as well as these, but saving those for spring. These are 1035 last Horween dark waxed flesh. Built like tanks but work well with 25oz iron hearts! Had heard MTOs usually went wrong somewhere but all three pairs were perfect. Viberg (Ryland) was on it every step of the way.
Can I message you with questions about these please?

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
Husk oiled culatta

3A546C5E-042C-4805-9112-5B6F9C6FAFD5-11995-0000087BFB9A8F95.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics