• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

barutanseijin

Reaction score
The Bad Lieutenant

Harvey Keitel is great, but on the whole, the forgiveness/redemption thread was too Catholic for me.

How much does the message of Christ resonate in the mind of a sex addicted, crackhead junkie with a gambling problem? (Or for that matter, sociopathic killers like the Corleones or the Sopranos). The conflict between conventional morality and life of everyman seems to be more of an issue for people like Chase, Scorsese or Coppola than it is for their criminal characters — and for this little bit of the audience.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rewatched this in theater last week. I only saw it on vid before. Wow.

I love this one - the scene on the bridge is spectacular. And great soundtrack by Tangerine Dream - who also made soundtracks for Michael Mann's Thief (1981) and his The Keep (1983) and one of the two soundtracks for Ridley Scott's Legend (1985).

The original version of Sorcerer, the black & white Le Salaire de la Peur from 1953 with Yves Montand is also worth a watch.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love this one. And great soundtrack by Tangerine Dream - who also made soundtracks for Michael Mann's Thief (1981) and his The Keep (1983) and one of the two soundtracks for Ridley Scott's Legend (1985).

The original version of Sorcerer, the black & white Le Salaire de la Peur from 1953 with Yves Montand is also worth a watch.

i've read different opinions on Sorcerer , i'd really like to check it out soon .

I am very ambivalent about that generation of filmmaker and the whole director-as-enfant terrible nonsense , for instance the stolen shot in French Connection and how these guys are lauded for basically being irresponsible . I can't even watch anything by John Landis anymore and he made some great flicks .

also I had no idea they adapted The Keep ! will check that out too

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some recent movies:

OIP.5El5qfaBMmF7Ej7XsnDndAHaCv

Solis - Engineer for mining ship gets stuck alone in space after an explosion. He must be coached to safety (?) by a guide entirely via radio. The movie is basically the actor speaking to his counterpart - of course there's some solid drama. Not bad.

OIP.Ae59UYp7EkRMoC8e7qwyAwHaLG

Apolo 18 - Found footage movie documenting why NASA cancelled the Apolo program. The pilots land on the dark side of the move only to realize they are not alone. Meh. Not terrible but not a fan of found footage films given the sometimes awkward camera angles.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads