• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: High quality suiting fabric

Ed355

Reaction score
As titled. I need at least 3 meters if no pattern and 3.5 meters if there is a pattern. Any color is fine, but the cloth needs to be suitable for a suit to be worn in a conservative business environment. Nothing too heavy (anything more than 12 oz would be too heavy, preferably 10 or 11 oz). I would quite like something with a bit of mohair in there so that the cloth is not too soft. I will send the cloth to Gordon Yao for tailoring. Thanks.

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ed355

Reaction score
Thanks. The pattern is not conservative enough for my taste and the weight is too heavy (based on your estimate that it is around 400 grams). I would prefer something in the low 300s in terms of weight.

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some Holland & sherry and scabal in grey, super 100's. In around 10oz. but pure wool.
Are you in HK?

rockisshell

Reaction score
It is well known that combed wool are as good as it gets when it comes to materials as well. These will be your gabardines or mid-weight corded wools. They are durable, wear well and generally very good to wear all year. They can be a little lighter or heavier, depending on the armor, but considered medium weight.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo20