• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ascot Chang NYC

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is interesting about the fit. I guess bespoke does not automatically mean better fit than MTM.

I recently went on a casual shirt buying spree as I no longer go to the office. I really appreciated the Proper Cloth website and look books. It made selection for casual shirts easier.

I've heard good things about Cega shirts. I'd like to give them a try, but with a 5 shirt new customer minimum, it might be a while before I need 5 new shirts.

The thing about a larger bespoke operation like AC (I've used their L.A. location a long time ago) is that final product will vary depending on who took the measurements and who does that construction. However, workmanship at AC is very good. Since my shirt maker retired, I've primarily relied on Proper Cloth and now that I got my sizing down I'd probably keep with them, though I am considering trying Aposta as they have a larger selection of cloth the Proper Cloth. That being said, all of my best fitting and best quality shirt are from my retired shirt maker (Freddy Vandercasteel).

ronscuba

Reaction score
The thing about a larger bespoke operation like AC (I've used their L.A. location a long time ago) is that final product will vary depending on who took the measurements and who does that construction. However, workmanship at AC is very good. Since my shirt maker retired, I've primarily relied on Proper Cloth and now that I got my sizing down I'd probably keep with them, though I am considering trying Aposta as they have a larger selection of cloth the Proper Cloth. That being said, all of my best fitting and best quality shirt are from my retired shirt maker (Freddy Vandercasteel).
Does Aposta have a boutique to take measurements ? Your motivation for larger selection of fabrics do you order casual shirts in addition to office/business ?

For more casual shirts, do people find shirts online and show them to the bespoke shop ?

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to get shirts at Cego and they were the best shirts I've ever had. I don't get up to NYC much anymore so I haven't bought any in a while. It does seem the price has gone up, now averaging about $275 a shirt, according to the website. What's Geneva run these days?

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Aposta have a boutique to take measurements ? Your motivation for larger selection of fabrics do you order casual shirts in addition to office/business ?

For more casual shirts, do people find shirts online and show them to the bespoke shop ?

I'm primarily interested in dress shirts with the occasional sport shirt. Regardless, the selection at Apposta is very impressive. You best contact them about whether they have a brick and mortar location to take your measurements. I've not seen them talk about it.

rmurby

Reaction score
Many thanks again for all the input here. In the end I actually went to the Armoury and ordered one of their new Standard line shirts. I was really happy with the results of the first one and have ordered a second already. Not bespoke, I know but selecting the fabric was a great. Alex there has been really helpful in helping me select everything and worked with me on some other purchases.

dawei94

Reaction score
Can anyone speak to the pros / cons of getting the polos from Ascot Chang directly (let's say from the NYC store) vs from the Armoury, especially if I got an MTM / bespoke one? I'm not sure if the Armoury offers bespoke or only MTM, but the Armoury seems to offer more fabrics (not sure if they're all available directly from AC as well), and I'm not sure if there's other stuff too

epsilon22

Reaction score
I think the RTW AC polos have slightly different cut and collar shape than the Armoury ones. I like the Armoury's button-down polos and I fit into their RTW so I got them there. However, I'm sure you can go to AC directly and ask them to do the same shape or fabric in MTM/bespoke.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
connorgoulding