• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Felt a little Italian today
IMG_5672.jpeg
IMG_5661.jpeg
IMG_5680.jpeg
IMG_5682.jpeg

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bulchers with this suit is a wild choice. They kind of look too big too. The suit looks good. Who’s the makers?
I did consider black but for me it really turns up the formality scale for me. I wanted to try and keep the formality lower with something brown with texture. I likely should have gone with color 8 tassels in hindsight. The shoes are PRL likely Allen Edmonds make. They are the right size, but I fear that perhaps there is a bit too much taper on the trousers giving that effect. With loafers I do not believe it looks like this.

The suit is Spier Minnis fresco.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did consider black but for me it really turns up the formality scale for me. I wanted to try and keep the formality lower with something brown with texture. I likely should have gone with color 8 tassels in hindsight. The shoes are PRL likely Allen Edmonds make. They are the right size, but I fear that perhaps there is a bit too much taper on the trousers giving that effect. With loafers I do not believe it looks like this.

The suit is Spier Minnis fresco.
I don’t mind the texture. I just think bluchers are too casual for most suits. Especially this one. I have a pair of brown suede oxfords that I wear a lot, even with suits.

IMG_0883.jpeg

This what I meant about the shoe being too big. That’s a huge gap.

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t mind the texture. I just think bluchers are too casual for most suits. Especially this one. I have a pair of brown suede oxfords that I wear a lot, even with suits.

View attachment 2179535

This what I meant about the shoe being too big. That’s a huge gap.
I have a complicated foot shape. Narrow heels and wider forefoot. Fallen arches that over pronate and cause some gapping. These were thrifted too so there is some wear from the previous owner. I can tighten them more but it can be uncomfortable at the end of the day.

IMG_5693.jpeg

Lord Flashheart

Reaction score
On fridays i always choose casual attire.
Have a successful day all together.

View attachment 2178567
Always find it's a shame that the more artistic PS's are hidden so much and never to be seen in all their glory. Like the watch as well.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could probably make a claim to be amongst the least techie people on this forum but I did recently find out that if you’re on an iPhone and do edit > crop there’s a triangle icon at the top left that will flip your pic back to the right way so you won’t have people wondering why your chest pocket is on the wrong side.
If you’re not using an iPhone you’re on your own!😁

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not the best picture but here it is anyway. Last night at Miceli's, an old school red sauce Italian restaurant on Las Palmas just south of Hollywood Blvd in Hollywood.

IMG_7296.jpeg

Brooks Brothers jacket and OCBD shirt, Seaward & Stearn tie, Nordstrom sweater vest, Hermes pocket square, Orvis corduroy trousers, and Allen-Edmonds suede shoes.

For fans of not very good pictures, here's another one from last night.

IMG_7297.jpeg

As Monty Python might say, "and now for something completely different", the King after church earlier today.

440944473_488409576853084_5739540425223811175_n.jpg

Next time I wear a double breasted jacket might button it this way, post a picture online in a Facebook group, and after getting a gaggle of bizarre comments from all the iGents who never post pictures of themselves and are the curse of many Facebook groups, post this picture of the King.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member