• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Gordon_Shumway

Reaction score
Topic that just hit me— How does everyone feel that JMM is becoming more prominent not just on celebrities but featured more and more in shows and movies now? I mean i for one enjoyed “my” (lol) little niche brand before it started blowing up. Felt really connected and cool with fellow JMM community… like it was OUR thing. And also well it kinda blows for certain frames that have not been obtained yet, because now if its on a show or movie the prices on the secondary market shoot up. Lets say for example, i have seen Hemmings on ebay/grailed/ect for $400-800 depending on color here and there and now after The Gentlemen good luck finding any hemmings color for under $1500… it sucks because whats the next “HOT” frame gonna be and will it be the one you want?! Because then demand will grow due to exposure…

Anyhoo. Just a thought that came through my head at the moment

Coach Chris

Reaction score
Topic that just hit me— How does everyone feel that JMM is becoming more prominent not just on celebrities but featured more and more in shows and movies now? I mean i for one enjoyed “my” (lol) little niche brand before it started blowing up. Felt really connected and cool with fellow JMM community… like it was OUR thing. And also well it kinda blows for certain frames that have not been obtained yet, because now if its on a show or movie the prices on the secondary market shoot up. Lets say for example, i have seen Hemmings on ebay/grailed/ect for $400-800 depending on color here and there and now after The Gentlemen good luck finding any hemmings color for under $1500… it sucks because whats the next “HOT” frame gonna be and will it be the one you want?! Because then demand will grow due to exposure…

Yes, I've noticed. I don't really watch movies or shows so I couldn't speak for that but I've seen them in the wild much more often. I saw 4 pairs in one day a couple of weeks ago. 2 at dinner, one dude just walking around, and another at a concert (Sessanta BB!!) Before that I'd never seen one in the wild.

Gordon_Shumway

Reaction score
Yes, I've noticed. I don't really watch movies or shows so I couldn't speak for that but I've seen them in the wild much more often. I saw 4 pairs in one day a couple of weeks ago. 2 at dinner, one dude just walking around, and another at a concert (Sessanta BB!!) Before that I'd never seen one in the wild.
Right! Me too. I used almost not see any. MAYBE here and there but rarely..
Then started to see a dealan here… a dealan there.. lately i have seen Hatfield, Hemmings, Dealan, Enzo, Yves, Walker in the wild… oh some lady was wearing Sterett in Glacier ( i think its that color? ) .. i was like whaaa 😂

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I’ve only seen two in the wild and one was in an optical shop but I’ve been WFH a lot lately so haven’t been out and about as much as usual.
But I do get the concern. It doesn’t keep me up at night as there’s not much point worrying about things that are impossible to change but we’re probably in a transition period where JMM is becoming more universally known and hot so they are realising some profit from their venture capital and … errr … capitalizing on that with more releases and moving from a small niche to a more well known brand, qf opening B and M shops. They have to strike while the iron’s hot as due to the whims of fashion it’s always possible another brand comes along to eclipse them some day, or Rishi Sunak is seen wearing them and suddenly JMM is in the doldrums. I get that part of the appeal is belonging to a secret cult of only a few scattered members and we can give each other the nod when we recognise each other at airports and restaurants! We don’t want to see JMMs on every Tom Dick and Harry but as long as the prices keep going up we have some protection from that!

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered and paid for these Dealans in stingray in Feb for an ‘early July’ delivery and they just arrived. Very happy with them as that completes the Dealan box in my collection. The colour isn’t quite as neon as it appears on the JMM website pics which is probably a bonus making them a bit more versatile …
IMG_9210.jpeg
IMG_9212.jpeg
IMG_9213.jpeg

Pureneat

Reaction score
Bizzarist sighting in the wild was a Lady wearing Dealans on a ferry between Denmark and Sweden….. so yeah pretty mainstream now

Jerkstore

Reaction score
SESSANTA at the Hollywood Bowl was f’n AMAZING. I wore my JMMs of course.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless I find something new and super interesting from JMM, I’m just going to enjoy what I have and be open to other brands (not that I need new frames). Recently revisited Dita and new to Chrome Hearts, and like what I got. Liked it for being niche, but it’s a victim of its own success. Not entirely, and not necessarily in a bad way, but slowly getting there.

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Bizzarist sighting in the wild was a Lady wearing Dealans on a ferry between Denmark and Sweden….. so yeah pretty mainstream now
Especially in LA, they are sold at A LOT of retailers. So even if you're not seeking them out at B&M, if you walk into a nicer optician, you'll easily be introduced to it.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PCH Lava for sale at Iconic Underground Frames fo $2,500. I'm pretty sure they won't sell at that price. On ebay there are several, also coveted models that haven't sold in months. I would say that with the increase of models offered the interest for collecting has decreased and even the "grail" frames cannot command such prices any longer.

obecity

Reaction score

I don’t like it. I don’t like it one friggin bit! This is a real hot button issue with me. I can’t stand seeing all those disingenuous picture film stars who mindlessly chase whatever is currently “in” without even knowing why. Meanwhile, they give the brand such visibility that the drooling masses go out and drive up the prices for real aficionados like me. I’m a feller who has been around this bulletin board since oh about 400 and into the brand since oh about early 2020. I’ve seen prices skyrocket because of all this Hollywierd publicity to the point where I can’t buy what I want. NOT OK! And now what used be an exclusive brand that brought me some serious style credibility has been diluted by every Tom, Dick, and Harry out there sporting the brand. I wish these Hollywood types would just mind their own business! All those jerks do is cause problems!

oudwood

Reaction score

I can understand the sentiment. The competition is annoying and will absolutely drive up prices (retail+resale), this is already happening.

I would still consider JMM a niche brand though. I actually just saw my first pair in the wild, at Carbone in NYC. And of course they wore them inside haha. It's a pretentious place for pretentious people.

Side note, I see new colors were just released for the Vendôme: Charbon, Leopard, and Suntan.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eazy e lover