• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would you like to see a western style inspired Denim shirt?

• Light Washed Indigo

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Medium Washed Indigo

• Extra Light Washed Indigo

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • All of the above

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dynemacron

Reaction score
Hi all,

@LA Guy had alluded to coordinating with Larimars to have a member to receive, sample and review shirt, partly to give some feedback related to the shirt as well as provide feedback to Larimars on their product. I'm going through the full process with them, starting with a trial shirt, so this is my feedback as noted only after seeing a trial shirt.

larimars_trial - 5.jpeg

I've written some reviews for the forum before, and will write another review in the future after the entire process is complete, but Larimars asked me to post my initial feedback in this thread. As such, I'd like to point out my thoughts on their made to measure shirt process so far and the quality of their shirts. I've been letting Larimars know about issues and my experience as I go through using their website and the process/experience. I'm going to be providing feedback on fit to Larimars team to fix some issues and then get a final handmade shirt from them.

My initial impressions are fairly positive. I've used a fair number of made to measure shirtmakers and have had bespoke shirts made for me in Italy. I can say so far that Larimars has an excellent product that competes very well on the market in price and quality. In order to understand their process, I used their measuring guide--having my wife measure me--so I can see how they configured the shirt based on body measurements. After ordering, they created a trial shirt which took about three weeks to receive).

larimars_trial - 8.jpeg

Boxing / packaging was nice but nondescript--with the shirt being put into an actual cardboard box made to size, it arrived rather quickly once shipped from Canada (Larimars used Chit Chat to have it brought across the border then shipped by USPS). I believe they are fulfilling their shirts by sending them to Canada first, doing some quality control, then sending them onward to the final destination.

larimars_trial - 3.jpeg

Overall, regarding fit, the shirt came out pretty good in the neck and shoulders, with the body wearing well (a bit of excess fabric which could be reduced marginally). Armholes came out really nice and fairly high on a shirt, but are incredibly comfortable. Unfortunately, they made the wrist size way too big (I double checked upon receiving to see what I put in for a measurement), and the sleeve length and body length could both be reduced a bit. The length is likely the result of a measurement issue on my part, but the wrist may be the baseline sizing adjustments that Larimars uses accommodates for either 1) people who do not like tight cuffs or 2) those who wear large watches, neither of which are me.

larimars_trial - 6.jpeg

larimars_trial - 2.jpeg

larimars_trial - 11.jpeg

They sent me a trial shirt in their baseline white fabric, which I have to admit is rather substantial and wears well, additionally, their baseline shell buttons are thin, yet elegant, no worse than the shell buttons I've seen before on many other brands. The shirt is essentially machine made for the trial shirt, but with excellent button shanks that really hold up. The button holes are also machine made, but very neat and tidy, and the lapel roll on the collar is fairly nice as well (I opted for a hidden button down collar since I tend to like those and always am interested in seeing how they construct the collar underneath). Larimars construction is objectively pretty damn good, between the high density and high quality stitching, the arm seams are offset for improved wear and mobility, and the collar itself has what appears to be very nice fusible interfacing.

larimars_trial - 1.jpeg

larimars_trial - 4.jpeg
larimars_trial - 9.jpeg

I've gone ahead and washed the shirt four times since receiving it, air drying it overnight, then wearing it again the next day (the joy of teleworking--no one can catch that I'm wearing the same shirt). Based on this so far, I can say the shirt seems pretty robust, and I'm already thinking of ordering some other shirts if I can get the fit nailed down.

I look forward to working with the Larimars team and seeing their final product. I'll write up those impressions after I receive the final shirt, which is one of their handmade shirts in a Canclini fabric.

Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback.

Attachments

• larimars_trial - 7.jpeg
    larimars_trial - 7.jpeg
    241.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.