• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

blewnote1

Reaction score
I am looking for single pleat wool summer pants in grey and they have one option. everything else is flat front. is this typical? can't recall what was the case last couple of years

Yes, it's typical that there is no rhyme or reason to the release of their season's offerings. They will undoubtedly put out a full selection of high rise high twist trousers but when is anyone's guess.

ElliotG

Reaction score
Here is the suit I ordered in real life. It is made well and fits me perfect but I don't care for the color IRL. I was hoping it would be more of a true navy but in fact the websites pic is very accurate.

View attachment 2178197 View attachment 2178199 View attachment 2178201 View attachment 2178203
I wore this suit (or rather, a previous iteration of it in the same fabric) yesterday and received many compliments. I bought it on sale a few years ago. I'll save you the heartache of telling you what I paid for it, but inflation is real!

As for "traveling well" I have never dry cleaned it, only spot treated as needed, and it has been with me on multiple trips and still looks great.

I agree with you that describing it as "navy" is a stretch, as it is much lighter IRL. Enjoy!

ElliotG

Reaction score
A while back someone posted his comparison of the "old" high rise trousers to the "new." I returned a pair of the "old" style a couple years ago because I didn't like the way the pleats lay.

Is anyone in the know as to what season the "new" high-rise was introduced?

Rhodia

Reaction score
I am looking for single pleat wool summer pants in grey and they have one option. everything else is flat front. is this typical? can't recall what was the case last couple of years
They offer the VBC in high-rise single pleat every Spring in multiple colors, including three grays. They also currently have the Clissold (part of suit, but seemingly available separate as well).

VBC is their standard high twist Spring trouser. Others will be part of a suit or other fabric options, such as cotton. If you don't like the VBC fabric, you could try any of their competitors, all of whom have this type of trouser.

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They offer the VBC in high-rise single pleat every Spring in multiple colors, including three grays. They also currently have the Clissold (part of suit, but seemingly available separate as well).

VBC is their standard high twist Spring trouser. Others will be part of a suit or other fabric options, such as cotton. If you don't like the VBC fabric, you could try any of their competitors, all of whom have this type of trouser.
Any idea when these come in usually?

classicoutfits

Reaction score

I have the vbc high twist in light grey and wanted to add more greys so that’s great to hear they offer them often. Thank you!

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did they just go up recently? I never get notification of new items like this, despite being on the mailer.
Honestly the mail list is like weeks behind at announcements.
At this point it’s kind of a “what’s this weeks’ sale??” email that is sent every couple of days

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're in stock right now.

Geez thanks. Now I have to decide what I need more in the browns or medium gray. I have charcoal and what I think is light gray. I have some less breathables in tan, navy, olive and maybe a medium gray.

IMG_5649.jpeg

Last edited:

CLH03

Reaction score
Geez thanks. Now I have to decide what I need more in the browns or medium gray. I have charcoal and what I think is light gray. I have some less breathables in tan, navy, olive and maybe a medium gray.

View attachment 2178941
I would say mid grey goes with more than majority of browns, especially for summer. I also find that high twist/fresco usually looks better in grey than brown

SteveMc

Reaction score
A while back someone posted his comparison of the "old" high rise trousers to the "new." I returned a pair of the "old" style a couple years ago because I didn't like the way the pleats lay.

Is anyone in the know as to what season the "new" high-rise was introduced?

I believe the new cut was first introduced F/W 23 season. All my trousers from SS 23 are in the old cut. The heavy twill, which are the ones I have and did the comparison on, were one of the first items offered in FW 23 and they were in the new cut.
S&M never announced this change. It run as a rumor in the thread and Rick confirmed it to me on IG.

blewnote1

Reaction score
I would say mid grey goes with more than majority of browns, especially for summer. I also find that high twist/fresco usually looks better in grey than brown
I have these in light grey, medium grey, dark green and dark brown. Don't know about the light brown ones, but the dark brown are great with cream or tan colored jackets. Because of the heathered look of the VBC cloth they have a dark grey vibe to them as well, it's just a lovely shade of brown.

classicoutfits

Reaction score
I have these in light grey, medium grey, dark green and dark brown. Don't know about the light brown ones, but the dark brown are great with cream or tan colored jackets. Because of the heathered look of the VBC cloth they have a dark grey vibe to them as well, it's just a lovely shade of brown.

These sell fast! Was able to grab the mid grey today. I thought to add the dark brown, but have that in cotton and another in linen. Now after reading this I may order one :/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics