• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
16 hours per month = $200 an hour. My coach is $45 an hour, provides the gym, and I only pay if I show up.
Maybe you should ditch the smalltimer coach and get someone you aren't embarrassed to talk about with your brethren on StyFo.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$45 seems…really cheap?
Hey, you don't get this kind of expertise for free, buddy.
1000001652.gif

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i drove through a swarm of bees on the highway earlier , all of a sudden there were thumb-sized critters bouncing off the windshield and I realized the window was open a couple of inches .

I started fantasizing about a couple of angry , confused africanized bees in the backseat . very jibbledy 10 minutes until I got to my destination and could inspect the cabin

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Have loved my home gym for years now. Loved it even more during COVID.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm in a weird spot...I miss going to the climbing gym, but despite continuing to pay for a membership, I can barely bring myself to do it.

Stopping on the way home from work was easy. Leaving my home office to go to the gym is hard. I just don't do it...and when I do, I dawdle on leaving and end up not having nearly as much time as I'd like. (although now the weather is nice so I'm probably going to ride bikes instead).

There's a social element too--since I don't go often, I don't really know anyone, I don't have a typical schedule that overlaps with climbing buddies, etc. So even when I think to go, its not the same as back when I pretty consistently went on the same days of the week after work.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in a weird spot...I miss going to the climbing gym, but despite continuing to pay for a membership, I can barely bring myself to do it.

Stopping on the way home from work was easy. Leaving my home office to go to the gym is hard. I just don't do it...and when I do, I dawdle on leaving and end up not having nearly as much time as I'd like. (although now the weather is nice so I'm probably going to ride bikes instead).

There's a social element too--since I don't go often, I don't really know anyone, I don't have a typical schedule that overlaps with climbing buddies, etc. So even when I think to go, its not the same as back when I pretty consistently went on the same days of the week after work.
Exactly my situation. The last time I climbed was right before the pandemic, in February 2020. My climbing partners have scattered like the wind and the Meetup group times are not ideal. Then you throw in the fact that the gym is a long Metro ride away, and I have lost incentive to return. My gym is charging me $10/month as an inactive member.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Exactly my situation. The last time I climbed was right before the pandemic, in February 2020. My climbing partners have scattered like the wind and the Meetup group times are not ideal. Then you throw in the fact that the gym is a long Metro ride away, and I have lost incentive to return. My gym is charging me $10/month as an inactive member.

And I moved states so its not even the same gym--need to make new gym buddies. Although even before I moved there was also definitely a scattering of people...a couple of new gyms opened in the covid/post-covid era so even if I moved back to Chicago, I'd probably switch gyms even though I loved my old gym.

My new gym is not as nice either. Smaller, more transient population, less amenities/yoga classes/etc.

Also they close early (8pm)...and if I wasn't going after work, my second favorite time to go was late. I'd go after dinner and climb until 10 or 11 which is no longer an option.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
And I moved states so its not even the same gym--need to make new gym buddies. Although even before I moved there was also definitely a scattering of people...a couple of new gyms opened in the covid/post-covid era so even if I moved back to Chicago, I'd probably switch gyms even though I loved my old gym.

My new gym is not as nice either. Smaller, more transient population, less amenities/yoga classes/etc.

Also they close early (8pm)...and if I wasn't going after work, my second favorite time to go was late. I'd go after dinner and climb until 10 or 11 which is no longer an option.
A genuine StyFo gent would build a barn with a climbing gym. Stop being such a smalltimer

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidOlary