• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hey guys need a little help on sizing for the Giubbottino. I'm a slightly larger M and wonder if the L will work, my only reservation is that tried a saharina in the L and it was too big.

if anyone has data points please share! thanks in advance
I think we're the same size? I also straddle between M and L. FWIW my saharina in medium still fits. Sleeves are long for me and I just cuff. The back pleat does help especially nowadays. If I'm honest it probably splays apart a little more compared to 3+ years ago but not enough where I'd size up (my back and shoulders widened a bit since). I think the large would be too big still. The size medium is big enough to fit a shirt or polo underneath comfortably I feel. More so with a tee. I have the brown linen saharina from a few seasons ago.

Edit: I think the cut is going to give the appearance and even feel of closer fitting compared to other similar type overshirts if you're curious. For example, LEJ I think in the same size will be cut a little roomier/looser.

45bur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been to the GRP boutique in Florence? I'm going there in October and I'm wondering if it's worth a visit.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been to the GRP boutique in Florence? I'm going there in October and I'm wondering if it's worth a visit.
You should go. the family has 2 or 3 boutiques there - one is a heritage menswear ship with other brands

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s called Ultra, I think

Balman

Reaction score
How do other Rota ezpants fit compared to https://nomanwalksalone.com/collections/rota/products/cotton-twill-easy-pants-mixed-tan? I have these in size 48, does that mean I'd need to go a size down to 46 for other easy pants that don't "fit small"? I also tried the 46 of the smaller fitting ezpants, and I could definitely fit the waist, but it was a bit tight and I felt like the buttons would pop off if I tried to sit; would that also be the case with other size 46 ezpants that don't fit small as per nmwa definition? Also, are the half-waist measurements made with fully stretched elastic?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents (and ladies, if y'all are crazy enough to engage with us weirdos) of the forum, please give me your thoughts on the linen Valstarinos. And, if you would, please give your thoughts on how Valstar sizing fits (seems to trend toward the slim side, particularly in the shoulders) relative to tailoring.

Have been wanting to try out their suede offerings, but for one reason or other always *****foot around on the buy until things sell out, so was thinking the linen might be a cost friendlier way to dip my toes in.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents (and ladies, if y'all are crazy enough to engage with us weirdos) of the forum, please give me your thoughts on the linen Valstarinos. And, if you would, please give your thoughts on how Valstar sizing fits (seems to trend toward the slim side, particularly in the shoulders) relative to tailoring.

Have been wanting to try out their suede offerings, but for one reason or other always *****foot around on the buy until things sell out, so was thinking the linen might be a cost friendlier way to dip my toes in.
Does linen or suede make more sense for your climate?

MeatFish

Reaction score

The linen ones are a roomier fit than the usual suedes. I go with my usual IT size for the linen vs sizing up 1 or 2 in the suede.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look what arrived just in time for Saint Patrick's Day 2024... Got the last Scott & Charters Goblin cashmere cable crewneck with some LuxeSwap credit. I'm very pleased, the color is actually bluer and darker and the cables are more pronounced than the studio shots display (at least on my screen). Thanks to NMWA for the quick service, and thanks to @sood for the input on his S&C Goblin crewneck!

S&C Goblin Cable Crewneck_Eidos Olive pants.jpg

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look what arrived just in time for Saint Patrick's Day 2024... Got the last Scott & Charters Goblin cashmere cable crewneck with some LuxeSwap credit. I'm very pleased, the color is actually bluer and darker and the cables are more pronounced than the studio shots display (at least on my screen). Thanks to NMWA for the quick service, and thanks to @sood for the input on his S&C Goblin crewneck!

View attachment 2016009
I’ve got an S&C cashmere cable from a few seasons ago, and it is one of my favorite fall/winter knits. Wear in good health.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cchristopher