• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Argentina (Buenos Aires, specifically)!

mr. magoo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211
Magoo: Please relate any shopping/consuming experiences.

First, the food and drink are fantastic. Food in BsAs is outstanding, from the casual cafes and bars to the tourist traps (e.g., Cabana Las Lilas) to the bright and hip (mostly in Palermo). They really know their grub down there. Steak is famous, but the Italian is superior to what you'd find in the US, NYC included. Also, plenty of creativity, especially in Palermo Viejo. You really can't go wrong.

Second, wonderful handicrafts there. They have a solid indigenous tradition of handicrafts in the western and northern parts of the country, with a very sharp eye for design in BsAs. It means you can get great handmade items that you're unlikely to see anywhere else. Leatherwear, paper, weavings, etc. I picked up some very nice gifts for people -- e.g., unique leather gifts that would cost $250 in the US, were $50 in Argentina.

Third, is the clothing. As stated before, the t-shirts and jeans are first rate and their upper end clothing tends to be relatively conservative. I'm not a big t-shirt and jeans buyer, but it'd be a great place to pick up some unique designs at Felix or Bolivia or other spots, especially in Palermo. I found some good things at Balthazar (the Paul Smith of BsAs) in Palermo, James Smart in Recoleta (one of their upper end spots), and a small "polo"-ish store in the Jockey Club building in Recoleta who's name alludes me. Very, very good prices, but few things so unique you wouldn't see versions of them in the US or Europe.

I did not partake in bespoke, which can be a challenge when you speak the same language -- my Spanish is woeful. But I saw some nice spots -- a shirtmaker at Santa Fe and Callou, a tailor with beautiful things in the window in Arenales. If you have the language skills, it would be a great souvenir. Given that their economy has picked up, I doubt the artisans' schedules are as free as they were a few years ago, so I bet you need a good chunk of time. Any particular questions, feel free to ask.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just found a BA clothing report from, I believe, earlier this year.

Doesn't cover bespoke stuff and is mainly oriented toward women's but does cover many men's lines and has nice pix of store interiors and some clothes.

Very comprehensive on indigenous casual and jeans/streetwear stuff. Bolivia and Felix, again sound interesting.

http://www.jcreport.com/mailer/issue82/index.html

AlexP415

Reaction score
I am planning an October trip, as well. Does anyone know of a reputable bespoke shoemaker? Is it even worthwhile to try to have bespoke shoes made in BA??

Alex

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I depart tomorrow from BA. Have been here nearly two weeks. Wonderful trip. Learned a few things, clothes wise. Will post more later.

heyde

Reaction score
We had a good experience travelling Argentina Buenos Aires,we new most beautiful places and cool people and we new a interesting wear shop in Palermo Soho call Raftok in Thames1633, it's really cool and have real exclusive designs for mens wear.
We are now looking the way to come back in a couple of month and I know the first place for shop it's gone be www.raftok.com.ar have a look in the web page and then tell me what you think about

chapunso

Reaction score
Best shoemaker in town: lopez taibo: you will find it across the street from hotel alvear, and also in calle florida. different lines of shoes: i recommend the english style (700 pesos). also buy tuxedo slippers. they are great.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry to bring such an old thread back from the dead, but I thought it was better than making an identical thread as this.

Im heading over to BA in a few days and was wondering if Image, Chorse or anyone else for that matter could update their experiences on shopping, food and culture for me?

Im looking mainly at belts, shoes, bags and leather goods in general, shirts (maybe not even worth considering after reading a few threads) and watches?

Regards

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
los lillas for dinner. one of the best resteraunts in town

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaypee
Hi,

Sorry to bring such an old thread back from the dead, but I thought it was better than making an identical thread as this.

Im heading over to BA in a few days and was wondering if Image, Chorse or anyone else for that matter could update their experiences on shopping, food and culture for me?

Im looking mainly at belts, shoes, bags and leather goods in general, shirts (maybe not even worth considering after reading a few threads) and watches?

Regards

http://www.parrillalacabrera.com.ar/ in palermo

heaven on earth

em36

Reaction score
Las Lilas is excellent. Also try Piegari and Sotto Voce for good Italian.

Don't forget Persicco ice cream. Better than Volta. Hopefully there are not too many BsAs natives here, as what I just wrote are fighting words.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads