• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does this style aviator bridge make the wearer’s nose look bigger or small?

IMG_8480.jpeg

LucasFilms

Reaction score
Does anyone recognize the sunglasses Jeff Bezos is wearing? I have seen similar styles in Masunaga, but I dont recognize that particular model...

CXUNKRUQRJCVNH7EXWD7YL4CIA.jpg

blacklight

Reaction score
if anyone has word/suggestions on a minimal pair of circular, gold rimmed frames – preferably in titanium with no standout detailing – please let me know

was previously wearing a vintage pair by the japanese manufacturer amiparis (no connection to the fashion brand) which I unfortunately lost while shopping for groceries and am having a difficult time finding a close replacement

checked out the moscot hamish in person this week but found them a bit theatrical. was not a fan of the pointed bridge

Last edited:

LucasFilms

Reaction score
if anyone has word/suggestions on a minimal pair of circular, gold rimmed frames – preferably in titanium with no standout detailing – please let me know

Not totally round, but the Oliver Peoples Altair may be a good option. It's similar to the Coleridge but the Altair is made of titanium.

The brands Masunaga and Matsuda also have a few options for round frames.

blacklight

Reaction score
Not totally round, but the Oliver Peoples Altair may be a good option. It's similar to the Coleridge but the Altair is made of titanium.

The brands Masunaga and Matsuda also have a few options for round frames.

Appreciate you.

Was previously deadset on the Matsuda M1019 as a pair I've wanted for awhile now but unfortunately they've been discontinued and the SA never got back to me about seeing if there are any pairs sitting around in a warehouse somewhere.

I tried on the Matusda 10103H at Morgenthal Frederics a couple years ago I think and can't remember what my takeaway was but I still do check them out from time to time. Only just started looking at Masunaga this week and was actually looking at one of their pairs at the time of their comment.

Warby Parker recently introduced the Crowley which is very similar to my old pair in general look but with a few of the details (namely the bridge, temple tips, nose pads) being different enough that I'm not completely sold yet. Strange that it's so hard to find any detail on amiparis.

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Appreciate you.

Was previously deadset on the Matsuda M1019 as a pair I've wanted for awhile now but unfortunately they've been discontinued and the SA never got back to me about seeing if there are any pairs sitting around in a warehouse somewhere.

I tried on the Matusda 10103H at Morgenthal Frederics a couple years ago I think and can't remember what my takeaway was but I still do check them out from time to time. Only just started looking at Masunaga this week and was actually looking at one of their pairs at the time of their comment.

Warby Parker recently introduced the Crowley which is very similar to my old pair in general look but with a few of the details (namely the bridge, temple tips, nose pads) being different enough that I'm not completely sold yet. Strange that it's so hard to find any detail on amiparis.
Would anything from KameManNen work for you?
I really like my 33 from them.
KameManNen

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of these are exactly in the vein of what I'm looking for. Can you share any details re: your pair?
Well, quality is ace, made in Japan titanium. Fit is comfortable for me as I have a broad upper bridge. Not cheap (in my world anyway) but worth the price of admission.

Attachments

• IMG_7313.jpeg
    IMG_7313.jpeg
    287.8 KB · Views: 876

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Appreciate you.

You could have a look here for what your after

LucasFilms

Reaction score
Well, quality is ace, made in Japan titanium. Fit is comfortable for me as I have a broad upper bridge. Not cheap (in my world anyway) but worth the price of admission.

Those are really nice glasses, and quite an unique bridge. What's the price tag, if you don't mind me asking?

I have googled a bit but got a very broad price range... that's why I am asking.

Just for general information, in Spain Matsuda or Masunaga glasses usually are sold for around 550 to 650 euros, and some opticians will include the lenses in that price (if one is wearing not very pricey prescription lenses like -2 to +2, not progressive lenses of course.. )

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are really nice glasses, and quite an unique bridge. What's the price tag, if you don't mind me asking?

I have googled a bit but got a very broad price range... that's why I am asking.

Just for general information, in Spain Matsuda or Masunaga glasses usually are sold for around 550 to 650 euros, and some opticians will include the lenses in that price (if one is wearing not very pricey prescription lenses like -2 to +2, not progressive lenses of course.. )
They cost 409USD including delivery and and I had the prescription filled locally. Premium price for sure but I’m pretty careful with my stuff and tend not to lose things so it’s worth it for me. I really dig that bridge, very comfortable and not as slippery as I feared, down to good design I suppose.

LucasFilms

Reaction score
They cost 409USD including delivery and and I had the prescription filled locally. Premium price for sure but I’m pretty careful with my stuff and tend not to lose things so it’s worth it for me. I really dig that bridge, very comfortable and not as slippery as I feared, down to good design I suppose.

That's a very good price. I wish that brand had a shop in Spain.

LucasFilms

Reaction score
I wanted to ask if anyone owns Mykita frames and whether the frame colour stays or changes in colour or gets damaged in time. The eyewear shop said lenses must be fitted with care because the colour of the frame may go or be scratched if not handled properly and this made me think about whether the colour of the frame stays the same over time or not.

aiur

Reaction score
I have Mykita frames for 5+ years and the frame color stays and no damage that I notice.
I wanted to ask if anyone owns Mykita frames and whether the frame colour stays or changes in colour or gets damaged in time. The eyewear shop said lenses must be fitted with care because the colour of the frame may go or be scratched if not handled properly and this made me think about whether the colour of the frame stays the same over time or not.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hawaiianshirt