• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brenner

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
What about Sanders? similar price to Barker, do you any experience with this brand?

Stemo79

Reaction score
What about Sanders? similar price to Barker, do you any experience with this brand?

Sanders overall quality is decent for the price point, on par with Barker and Loake for some ranges but not their more premier ones. They started off with military footwear so you'll probably find their lasts a little more cumbersome and traditional.

rangen930

Reaction score
are there any promo codes for herring that are current? When I search I only see ones from a year ago...and no they don't work. I know they have a sale but there is nothing my size in what I want.

Stemo79

Reaction score
That would be nice if there is a code
I don't think there are any at the minute, I did have one that worked up until a few months ago but after checking it now it didn't.

You could try Pediwear, they have a first purchase code in operation right now. I just got a 10% discount off some beautiful Barker Butcher boots using it. Its "10s".

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't think there are any at the minute, I did have one that worked up until a few months ago but after checking it now it didn't.

You could try Pediwear, they have a first purchase code in operation right now. I just got a 10% discount off some beautiful Barker Butcher boots using it. Its "10s".

Thank you for the code bud.

Janis

Reaction score
Got my pair of Barker's Warrington today. I am still quite puzzled. While the production line said "international", the inscription inside the shoe says "anniversary collection". Does it mean herring's caption was wrong or Barker is passing more "anniversary" shoes than there actually are? The second point is also weird - the heel width is different on both shoes, one is clearly wider than the other. Moreover, there are some marks on the uppers (like somewhat deep scratch marks, apparently some fault with the lether), nothing major, but cannot figure out why... If Warringtons are indeed from their top line anniversary collection, It should have been top class craftmanship, should't it?

Carl1955

Reaction score
Hi Janis

Barkers do a number of ranges including Anniversary which is their top range, If you look online at their current catalogue the Warrington is listed in their Handcrafted range which I believe is the next range down from Anniversary. If your not happy I would contact Herring.

http://www.barker-shoes.co.uk/shop/collections/handcrafted-collection?p=2

Barkers don't list an International range in their current catalogue for Spring & Summer 2015

Carl.

Stemo79

Reaction score
Got my pair of Barker's Warrington today. I am still quite puzzled. While the production line said "international", the inscription inside the shoe says "anniversary collection". Does it mean herring's caption was wrong or Barker is passing more "anniversary" shoes than there actually are? The second point is also weird - the heel width is different on both shoes, one is clearly wider than the other. Moreover, there are some marks on the uppers (like somewhat deep scratch marks, apparently some fault with the lether), nothing major, but cannot figure out why... If Warringtons are indeed from their top line anniversary collection, It should have been top class craftmanship, should't it?
Carl is quite right in saying that the Warrington is part of the handcrafted collection which is really a more accessible Anniversary collection as such Barker do use the same Anniversary collection boxes etc for them even though their category is subdivided.

Expectations vary from person to person but if you're buying handmade shoes then you have to understand there will occasionally be imperfections in leather or construction. As long as these don't interfere with either the fit or aesthetic then they will be quality vetted.

If the shoes feel differently on... send them back.

If you cant remove or disguise the marks with a bit of polish, or they are too big and unsightly... send them back.

If you arent too upset with the shoes take some pictures and send them to Herring, they may offer you a small refund to keep the shoes.

Janis

Reaction score
They are really comfortable and look good, I am just a bit worried about the longetivity of the shoe. I am not an expert by any means, that's why I am asking all these (probably) dumb questions... Could you please take a look and let me know if I should be worried or this is absolutely normal and will not affect the shoe's life in any way?

One picture shows a (small) crack mark in the leather, the other shows some quite imperfect stiching... But as I said, I am very happy with the shoes and will not return them, as long as none of this affect the life of the shoe.

Really appreciate all your help and inputs

Changed the picture to show the crack.

Last edited:

TheFluffer

Reaction score
I'm by no means an expert as well, but i'm very sure that those conditions wont cause your shoe to have a shorter life span.

Enjoy them and keep good care of them! you'll be fine..

Stemo79

Reaction score
They are really comfortable and look good, I am just a bit worried about the longetivity of the shoe. I am not an expert by any means, that's why I am asking all these (probably) dumb questions... Could you please take a look and let me know if I should be worried or this is absolutely normal and will not affect the shoe's life in any way?

One picture shows a (small) crack mark in the leather, the other shows some quite imperfect stiching... But as I said, I am very happy with the shoes and will not return them, as long as none of this affect the life of the shoe.

Really appreciate all your help and inputs

Changed the picture to show the crack.

I wouldn't worry about the stitching, I've seen far worse and you'll often see a little clumsiness at the point where the welt strip meets as its quite a tricky area to navigate.

As far as the "crack" goes (although it's hard to tell by your image) i'm not sure it is a crack, it looks more like an imperfection in the leather (scar) thats taken on more dye, it could even be a little dye from the sole thats marked the upper accidentally.

All in all I dont think you have anything to worry about, neither should effect the shoes longevity and really just allude to the shoes individual character.

Carl1955

Reaction score
Hi Janis

Personally I'd be fine with those, especially as you say " They are really comfortable and look good "

Enjoy

Carl.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members