• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wengxiah

Reaction score

barker's professional range, yay or nay? 162 pounds ex vat
wearing 5.5G or wider,
after configuring those filters at pediwear, there are not many choices left...

Stemo79

Reaction score

barker's professional range, yay or nay? 162 pounds ex vat
wearing 5.5G or wider,
after configuring those filters at pediwear, there are not many choices left...
Barkers professional range is spot on for the price just dont expert Crockett and Jones quality as this is there standard range. Sadly you'll always struggle with small sizes in UK made footwear.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if anybody looks at this thread but I have a question about Barker sizing. I bought a pair tagged as 9 1/2 F. They are HUGE. Normally one adds 1 full size to convert UK to US. These are like US 12. The measure almost 12" inside and 13" outside. The width is normal at 4 1/8". I'm wondering is this an anomaly, maybe the shoes were miss-tagged? This can't be right??
Anyway I'm going to sell them so keep a look out.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had to send back a pair of Barker Dovers to Ireland that were ostensibly 10UK but fitted like a big UK10.5/UK 11. I am thinking I may have to buy a size UK9. Unheard of for me - a standard UK10.

Last edited:

Elderidge

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm after a pair of barker in 464F last. anyone knows if this last tend to run large? i had a 386 in F and it's a bit narrow (which is fine).

Also, anyone has experience with their handcrafted range? i got the tunstall from the professional range and the leather quality is slightly disappointing.

Carl1955

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm after a pair of barker in 464F last. anyone knows if this last tend to run large? i had a 386 in F and it's a bit narrow (which is fine).

Also, anyone has experience with their handcrafted range? i got the tunstall from the professional range and the leather quality is slightly disappointing.

Which pair is it your after on the 464F last?.

I Have a couple of pair of Barker
A pair of Dover on the 463 last which on this model is listed as "F", and I also have a pair of Blair on the 460 last which is also listed as "F", however I would say the Blair is a much wider shoe than the Dover. It's strange that Barker have more than one width for a certain last
E.G - The tunstall is on the 386 last and listed as "F" fitting
While the Cheltenham is also on the 386 last but listed as "G" fitting
My Dovers are part of the Handcrafted range, I like the style and the quality is ok

mens_barker_Dover_4058_Shoes_Snuff_Cedar.jpg

386426_cedar-checkfabric.png

I like the fact most Barker styles/Lasts are fashion forward and I'm happy with the price to quality ratio but there are better shoes available at a simillar price point IMHO.

Carl.

Elderidge

Reaction score
Which pair is it your after on the 464F last?.

I Have a couple of pair of Barker
A pair of Dover on the 463 last which on this model is listed as "F", and I also have a pair of Blair on the 460 last which is also listed as "F", however I would say the Blair is a much wider shoe than the Dover. It's strange that Barker have more than one width for a certain last
E.G - The tunstall is on the 386 last and listed as "F" fitting
While the Cheltenham is also on the 386 last but listed as "G" fitting
My Dovers are part of the Handcrafted range, I like the style and the quality is ok

mens_barker_Dover_4058_Shoes_Snuff_Cedar.jpg

386426_cedar-checkfabric.png

I like the fact most Barker styles/Lasts are fashion forward and I'm happy with the price to quality ratio but there are better shoes available at a simillar price point IMHO.

Carl.

Eyeing the Ford from the handcrafted range actually. It's on an F fitting (barker is probably well known for having g fits but even their f can run large)

What would you say is better at the price point?

Carl1955

Reaction score
Eyeing the Ford from the handcrafted range actually. It's on an F fitting (barker is probably well known for having g fits but even their f can run large)

What would you say is better at the price point?

Hi, Don't let me put you off as those Barker Ford Monk shoes do look nice, but your findings regarding the leather quality on your professional range are the same as mine on my handcrafted & creative collections. Personally I'd say Cheaney are a better option at a similar price, I have a pair of there Richmond R split toe boots with buttery leather, well finished off and really comfortable from the get go!!. I paid £350 for those when they came out and are now £410. I've just ordered another pair of Cheaney boots this weekend (Cheaney for Bodileys) in the sale and with a discount code I paid £224 with Free ship (placed the order on Sunday being delivered (DHL) Tuesday).
burford_tan_sole.jpg

https://www.bodileys.com/catalog/product/gallery/image/2249/id/1396/

From what I can see your Barker Ford double Monk are priced at £300 but maybe cheaper if you shop around

Bodileys have 3 double Monk that you could use cdoe BOD20 to bring the price down under the Barker price!!.

Below are the
BODILEYS Markham - Antique Dark Brown Calf
Which would be £345 less 20% (BOD20) = £276

london_markham_dk_brn_pair_1.jpg

BODILEYS Markham - Antique Chestnut Calf
Which would be £345 less 20% (BOD20) = £276
london_markham_chestnut_soles_1_1.jpg

Lyndon II
Which would be - £305 less 20% (BOD20) = £244
bod_lyndon_ii_blk_side.jpg

This is Bodileys full double Monk Range
https://www.bodileys.com/shoes/monk.html

With nice offerings from Crockett & Jones and also Alfred Sargent though at a higher price and I believe the code BOD20 only
applies to the 3 listed above
Carl

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi All

Great to see some activity on this thread, I don't understand why Barker doesn't generate more interest on the forum. You might accuse us of bias since we sell the brand, but we see a lot of their footwear and we have never had reason to doubt the quality - and the price points seem appropriate for the quality on offer.

Obviously, if you can obtain discounted products which were originally at a higher price point you might end up with a better pair of shoes, but if the manufacturer's original rrp are considered then Barker offer good value for money in our humble opinion.

With regard to the lasts - it is quite normal to have different fittings on the same last - but it can cause confusion - which is perhaps why some manufacturers avoid it!

The 464 last is a good fitting last which fits true to size. We have had a few MTOs and own brand products made on this last (and my business partner wears a pair of Barker Skye very often at the moment).

I note that we don't have the Ford on our site currently so I need to have a word with our Barker brand manager!

Mike

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics