• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Baron Wells

thoogsby

Reaction score
Looks like the totally redid the site since I visited last. Detailed measurements for every piece. Digging it.

Ditto on the parka.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Baron Wells just updated their site ( http://baron-wells.com/ )with dramatically lower pricing. The "reference collection" contains most of their basics and has some really high-value pieces. The Studio Oxford, for example, is only $88 and still made in New York — pretty impressive. As far as I know, this would be the only quality US-made Oxford for under $100 other than Brooks Brothers' online-only oxford.

Curious what is the feel of the new shirts. Not that I've felt the original ones that sell for 118. is the material as beefy as gitman / BoO?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
i got the tapered village pants in navy.. will report back. should be good for the summer.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys beat me to it, but I like the site redesign, a huge step up from the old one. Here is a link to some runway pics of the Spring/Summer 2012 collection from Surf Collective NYC: http://surfcollectivenyc.com/surf-c...gen-art-many-firsts-for-a-mighty-great-brand/

I picked up two reverse tees and a blue oxford the other day. I'll give an update when I get them in.

I like the linen pants, but need a sale or a discount to make a run at the moment, but they are in my radar.

i got the tapered village pants in navy.. will report back. should be good for the summer.

Sweet. I have those in mind as well so looking forward to hear your experience with them.

Prices are very reasonable, sale prices will be ridic

My first thoughts were these as well. I thought it was a glitch in the new site, but those prices are really damn good for made in NYC goods and from the pics it doesn't look like they sacrificed any detailing from the last few season's, in fact they even added MoP buttons to some of the button downs and even those are at $118.

waxed parka is dope. want it.

I have the black waxed parka from this past FW11 and it's been great. Slim fit and has held up brilliantly through rain storms. A word of caution though, the outerwear runs very slim. I'm a small in most brands including BW shirts and had to size up to a medium and it still fits slim. The small was way tight.

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, much lower price. Is production still in NYC? LMK how those pants are Teger and if the waist measurements are accurate.

Gagno905

Reaction score
Love the new site. Placed an order yesterday for the waxed shell jacket and skinny village pants. Spoke with customer service and they were incredible too. Can't wait.

kevopinko

Reaction score
NEW SIZING? I love that new Parka. I normally wear a small in Baron Wells. Thoughts on sizing up for the Parka?

Gagno905

Reaction score
Received my stuff today. I'm a normal XS / 28 waist, for reference.

The skinny trousers in 28 fit better than any pant I've found so far, right up there with size 26 APC PS. The material is perfect and they're light enough for summer. Extremely happy with these.

I also grabbed the shell parka in XXS, deciding to size down. It's a fantastic spring jacket. The XXS is great, but I would not be able to layer well with it done up. This is fine for spring summer. The material is somewhat waxy and definitely waterproof. It seems it'll grow to develop it's own sort of patina with time. The cork buttons are a great touch. Fits like a dream.

I'm really, really happy with Baron Wells. The measurements help so much and the price is totally reasonable. Before them I probably would have tried some Jcrew stuff and it would have cost more and not fit as well.

Emailed the owner and gave him my regards. Really hoping they release the skinny trousers in new colours, and keep releasing new outerwear. Definitely going to order again.

Also, the package came marked down as gift. Bonus round.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Are you Canada? If so guessing you didn't get hit with customs / brokerage?

Gagno905

Reaction score
I am in Canada, no fees whatsoever. I may or may not have been assured by someone working there that all Int'l packages are treated as such ;)

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmileFile