• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Better Call Saul (AMC)

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, from BB:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or has this show basically produced 20 episodes and aside for maybe three cool scenes with Mike, absolutely nothing has happened.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Worst, yes. Remotely interesting or new concept as a character, not so much.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's interesting to me that for most part as I watched the show I did enjoy the episodes. However, as I finished watching the season two finale it made me realize that we are not really all that much ahead of where we were when we started. I would really like to see some actual movement in the story and characters.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought this season was pretty solid.

Can't move too fast or you'll just catch up with breaking bad...how else can you make the show run for extra seasons?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh. Solid writers could do it. I mean, timeline the Breaking Bad took place in what, six months? And this show is taking place six years prior to.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right. So have 6 years here. 3 times the ground to cover. Same Jimmy, same bad guys, same girl of interest. If Mike had pulled the trigger, now that would have been something.

Oh, and the secret tape recorder has to be the most tired plotline of all time. Gag me with a spoon.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Was totally expecting Mike to pull the trigger (and miss the kill-shot of course...leaving him crippled but alive...Mike flubs the reload and can't get off a second shot).

One of the rare instances in a prequel type environment where someone can point a gun at a character from the original and you won't be sitting there saying "well, of course he doesn't actually shoot him"

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, can someone please kill Chuck. He is even more annoying that Walt's wife.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are my issues with Chuck, aside from his overarching annoyingness.

1. He is nothing more than a combination of two tired stereotypical characters.

A. Crazy tin foil no really Im not crazy bc Im super smart, character.

B. Old corporate white guy who sneers on anyone beneath him and tries to undermine the success of anyone beneath his stature, character.

Bonus to B, the guy beneath his stature is also his sketchy younger brother who toils endlessly for approval teetering back and forth between turning over a new leaf only never to receive it! Which leads to more distrustful lack of approval and teetering!!

Can we add any more stereotypes to Chuck?

2. He has not changed one iota as a developing chracter. Still crazy. Still out to get Jimmy behind his back, maybe now its more overt, just like at the end of last season.

Snooooooooorezzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members