• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Frasier: is it the greatest sitcom ever?

Bromley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few years ago I was reading something about production on Frasier. I guess Kelsey Grammer was extremely fucked up pretty much all the time, every show, every season. The crew held interventions, etc. to little effect.

He'd pass out in chairs and stuff, but no matter how far gone, whenever they called "action", Kelsey would snap right into character and knock out any scene they were shooting, then pass back out after "cut". That's show business, baby.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few years ago I was reading something about production on Frasier. I guess Kelsey Grammer was extremely fucked up pretty much all the time, every show, every season. The crew held interventions, etc. to little effect.

He'd pass out in chairs and stuff, but no matter how far gone, whenever they called "action", Kelsey would snap right into character and knock out any scene they were shooting, then pass back out after "cut". That's show business, baby.
I've read the same thing...
He was a lover of coke, he'd show up on set out of control and refer to himself as the "Kelster". Whenever they'd call action, he would hit his mark and absolutely deliver.
He's special.

Bromley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've read the same thing...
He was a lover of coke, he'd show up on set out of control and refer to himself as the "Kelster". Whenever they'd call action, he would hit his mark and absolutely deliver.
He's special.
He's also rated at #5 on Jalopnik.com's ranking of worst celebrity drivers!

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll give the LSS a try, thanks for the tip.
I admit that part of the appeal of Frasier to me is the style aspect. I first watched Frasier in my early twenties when his attire was dated, stale, grey, unimaginative, nothing to be emulated by those younger than dead. Watching the show now, I see mature, timeless elegance of impeccable quality.

IMO, it's the funniest show ever. As far as style...unless you like the baggy suits popular in the early 90s, the fashion is pretty ugly. IIRC, Hank's gay assistant had some pretty decent outfits though.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMO, it's the funniest show ever. As far as style...unless you like the baggy suits popular in the early 90s, the fashion is pretty ugly. IIRC, Hank's gay assistant had some pretty decent outfits though.
It's Rip Torn at the height of his powers...

Jan Capek

Reaction score
I will politely disagree.
Though I do acknowledge that in this era of tight, short and uncomfortable fashion suit Frasier's style may appear baggy.

Jan Capek

Reaction score

I am missing that schizophrenic smiley that would at the same time express laughter and concern/sadness. That smiley would also well reflect Kelsey Grammer's life. I am really excited about the reboot.

Last edited:

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I will politely disagree.
Though I do acknowledge that in this era of tight, short and uncomfortable fashion suit Frasier's style may appear baggy.

I was talking about Larry Sanders, and tbh, I don't really remember how Frasier's clothes fit. I'll have to google.

Jan Capek

Reaction score
I was talking about Larry Sanders, and tbh, I don't really remember how Frasier's clothes fit. I'll have to google.
If you like today's corporate suits and close-fitting knits you will def not approve.
I believe Frasier mostly wore typical Armani suits (not necessarily made by Armani) and somewhat longer sportscoats that one wouldn't find on today's racks. When I mentioned his style I had in mind his overall approach to dressing incl. color combinations, patterns, fabrics, cuts... not only suits. Most of his attire appears to be sheer luxury to me, his coats, particularly the suede ones, look like older Giorgio Armanis or today's Loro Pianas, and his sweaters are typically cashmeres. He also doesn't dislike silk. There are virtually no thick creases anywhere :laugh:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minhtrran