• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking they sold whatever they had available for pre-sale. Of the 200, a bunch of those go to retailers as well. And since their production tends to run behind, they may be releasing in batches as they’ve done previously.

Yes, I think you might be right.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really digging the Dealan on you. I feel they can be difficult to pull of for men but they look great on you!

I also didn't like the Dealan initially and thought it is rather feminine, but once I tried it on, I totally changed my mind: it's a great frame for men, really classic and versatile.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whats a bigger fit molino 55 or dealan 53

According to the measurements the Molino 55 should fit larger than the Dealan 53, but I have no direct experience, as I only have both in the classic size, 51 for the Molino and 50 for the Dealan.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Challenger in Agar available again on the JMM site. Something went wrong, as not seldom. Or is it strategy?

Last edited:

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This happens fairly frequently on their website. I wouldn't look that far into it lol.

Yes, it happens rather frequently that a supposedly sold-out frame comes on sale again. Just curious to know if this is a sort of strategy, or they simply don't have a whole control on the sales and the stocks.

man_of_seal

Reaction score
Really digging the Dealan on you. I feel they can be difficult to pull of for men but they look great on you!
Thanks and yeah, I was definitely surprised by how much I like them!
For me 1 and 2 look good, 3 is my least favorite. I also usually think I know what I am going to want until I go in and try stuff on, and then it's often the opposite.

Congrats on finding some good frames, though. Good lookin dude.
Cheers! It's one of the reasons I can't buy frames online, they always turn out differently from what I was expecting
They all look good, but I prefer the Dealan.
Thanks, definitely seems to be the consensus!
Dealan - Yes. The frame stands out, it fits well and defines well. Dark Havana colour does provide a definition. Usually me being brown skin, light brown on brown skin mutes the look and doesn't go well on my skin tone. But with that Dealan, you are nailing that look! Oval shape face really compliments with that frame. That cat eye shape gets softens and gives you a great look. First sight at that frame, my mind want to come to you and say, great frame mate! I wish I can pull off Dealan.

1) Insley - Nah! Looked more like Harry Potter in acetate frame. Not a good look. Brown frame on brown skin doesn't go well. It mutes the aspect of definition of the frame.

2) Fountainbleau - It's okay. Perhaps may look good if you are dressed up in suit. But on T-Shirt or casual outfits, it blahs out a bit. Even though eyes are in the centre, it just feels like there is so much empty space surrounding the eyes. The frame looks more floating rather than fitting stylishly. If you want to go in round shape, then try Henri or the one from their Kyosho collection. They would look good.
Love the Harry Potter comment! I would have been stoked to have heard that about 10-15 years ago. :lol:

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks and yeah, I was definitely surprised by how much I like them!

Cheers! It's one of the reasons I can't buy frames online, they always turn out differently from what I was expecting

Thanks, definitely seems to be the consensus!

Love the Harry Potter comment! I would have been stoked to have heard that about 10-15 years ago. :lol:

If you want just one frame, as the most suggested, you should choose the Dealan, but if you want to build a collection, you could also get two or even three. You could then wear them according to your mood and your different outfits.

yunBW

Reaction score
Been looking for lightweight optical frame and I came across the Jagger thru the sales recommendation. I wonder what you guys think of the fit? Somehow optical frame for me tend to look better when oversized compare to sunglasses. I only worn square and rectangular shapes and this is first time trying an aviator style

Attachments

• 71393F55-6D78-4DBB-88D4-20DD8A1F0C6B.jpeg
    71393F55-6D78-4DBB-88D4-20DD8A1F0C6B.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 120

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been looking for lightweight optical frame and I came across the Jagger thru the sales recommendation. I wonder what you guys think of the fit? Somehow optical frame for me tend to look better when oversized compare to sunglasses. I only worn square and rectangular shapes and this is first time trying an aviator style
Personally not a fan. The thinness of the wire frame is heavily emphasized with the clear lenses, and it makes the frame look really flimsy. Much different look than when it has sun lenses.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the feather wirecore on the Wesley View attachment 1954193
Said it before …
First I got into JMM

Then three dots didn’t do it for me, I had to have them with exposed wire

Then horizontal engraved lines didn’t do it for me, I had to have them with symbols / patterns!

The feather looks cool, also the checkerboard I’ve seen on one of the new ones.

As far as engraving goes - keep ‘’em coming JMM!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gladysslaughter