• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL 2011/2012 Discussion

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
yeah i saw that earlier. outrageous IMO. talking about concussions etc. what a ******* douche. can't be good for payton's appeal hearing today either, as he obviously was in the room for this sort of thing.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

yeah i saw that earlier. outrageous IMO. talking about concussions etc. what a ******* douche. can't be good for payton's appeal hearing today either, as he obviously was in the room for this sort of thing.

First, I read a comment from the filmmaker who said that as far as he knew Peyton wasn't in the room for it.

Second, I don't think it matters. As the head coach he has to be held accountable for the actions of his staff. Perhaps not indefinitely banned from the league, but certainly suspended.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i love how this is Mike Shanahan's espn profile pic. Lucifer walketh among us

30025.jpg

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone excited about the draft tonight? It's a sign of how dominant professional football is that its draft is televised in prime time and will outdraw a lot of actual sporting events.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Anyone excited about the draft tonight? It's a sign of how dominant professional football is that its draft is televised in prime time and will outdraw a lot of actual sporting events.

I got it on my DVR as I'll probably be working late tonight. The NFL Draft is always the one draft I always watch. I never really cared for the NBA draft. I only watched the lottery held during the playoffs. Baseball doesn't make a big deal of their draft and I was never a big hockey fan.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who the **** watches the draft? I just see what teams picked which people the next day.

tullytra

Reaction score

I got it on my DVR as I'll probably be working late tonight. The NFL Draft is always the one draft I always watch. I never really cared for the NBA draft. I only watched the lottery held during the playoffs. Baseball doesn't make a big deal of their draft and I was never a big hockey fan.

That's the way to go. You won't have to deal with the 15 minutes of garbage between picks. All I want to hear between picks is the interview with the draftee. I'll have 5 months to hear all about their strengths and weaknesses heading into the season.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Who the **** watches the draft? I just see what teams picked which people the next day.

I don't get the whole draft-industrial complex. There's months of analysis beforehand, a multi-day spectacle of picks, then analysis afterwards. I basically just look at the list of picks the day after, see who came out from my alma mater, who went to my favorite teams, then read a few analysis of the picks made. Why would I care about some idiot at ESPN trying to predict who goes where in March?

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't get the whole draft-industrial complex. There's months of analysis beforehand, a multi-day spectacle of picks, then analysis afterwards. I basically just look at the list of picks the day after, see who came out from my alma mater, who went to my favorite teams, then read a few analysis of the picks made. Why would I care about some idiot at ESPN trying to predict who goes where in March?

Media money. Hype it up, make it a big deal, cash checks.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mecmeuleman