• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL 2011/2012 Discussion

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's the way to go. You won't have to deal with the 15 minutes of garbage between picks. All I want to hear between picks is the interview with the draftee. I'll have 5 months to hear all about their strengths and weaknesses heading into the season.

Here's every 'i just got picked by a team' interview:
"I'm really excited to go to <team name here> and work with the great <head coach>. We had a chance to meet and I'm really excited about his vision for the future. I plan to give it my all, impress the fanbase come minicamps, and win the superbowl."

I don't get the whole draft-industrial complex. There's months of analysis beforehand, a multi-day spectacle of picks, then analysis afterwards. I basically just look at the list of picks the day after, see who came out from my alma mater, who went to my favorite teams, then read a few analysis of the picks made. Why would I care about some idiot at ESPN trying to predict who goes where in March?

You're preaching to the choir. Beyond knowing all the people's relative skills (because I couldn't give two ***** about college ball), I don't want some moron with an IQ of 20 (ie: most professional analysts on TV) psychoanalyzing someone/a team like he knows what he's doing.

Also, **** the browns are stupid. I sincerely believe MN was bluffing about trading down to Miami and getting out of the blue-chip guaranteed players they need. But hey, we'll take the extra 4 picks. AND WE GOT MATT KALIL, BITCHES.

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
awesome, Miami gets Akili Smith 2012. couldn't get Peyton, couldn't even tank good enough (stopped tanking last year to save their coach's job, who got fired anyway) to get Luck or RG3

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WTF are the Browns thinking? 4 picks, including the 4th overall, for a running back? No wonder that team hasn't been to the playoffs since the 90s.

EDIT: I guess they went in 2003.

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So many teams passed on David DeCastro WTF. Most surpising is the Bears, who have a ******-to-mediorcre line

Last edited:

tullytra

Reaction score

I think it's funny how the draftees give everyone the jive handshake and/or fistbump, even the super white commish.

And the commish is pretty smooth about it. I think it was a safety from Alabama who waltzed out there, and the two of them looked like friends being reunited. For some reason I doubt David Stern (is he still NBA Commissioner?) is as hip.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

WTF are the Browns thinking? 4 picks, including the 4th overall, for a running back? No wonder that team hasn't been to the playoffs since the 90s.
EDIT: I guess they went in 2003.

I don't think the Browns moving up one spot, or drafting Richardson at that spot, were terrible decisions. The Browns have a ton of lower-round picks, and they wanted to make sure they got their man after their failed attempt to land the #2 pick. Yes, the NFL is moving away from the running game, but running backs are more valuable in the AFC North, which contains four cold-weather cities and no domes. The other possibility here was Blackmon, who is not as good a receiver as Richardson is a running back.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't think the Browns moving up one spot, or drafting Richardson at that spot, were terrible decisions. The Browns have a ton of lower-round picks, and they wanted to make sure they got their man after their failed attempt to land the #2 pick. Yes, the NFL is moving away from the running game, but running backs are more valuable in the AFC North, which contains four cold-weather cities and no domes. The other possibility here was Blackmon, who is not as good a receiver as Richardson is a running back.

Also, **** the browns are stupid. I sincerely believe MN was bluffing about trading down to Miami and getting out of the blue-chip guaranteed players they need. But hey, we'll take the extra 4 picks. AND WE GOT MATT KALIL, BITCHES.

. I'm not questioning the pick, just the trade.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Richardson is a great RB, no question, but the life span of an RB in the NFL these days is so short. I wouldn't give away that many picks unless I was getting a franchise QB or maybe a can't miss lineman that you could build a team around. It's not like the Browns are a running back away from the playoffs.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This made me laugh.

Arc8bHlCAAEvxYi1.jpg

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/roger-goodell-is-so-gangsta-i-cant-even-stand-it/

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

. I'm not questioning the pick, just the trade.

yeah, and why would the Browns trade up one spot when the team in front of them is the only one guaranteed NOT to pick a running back? even if 'sota traded down, Miami wasn't going to pick an RB third either.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Richardson is a great RB, no question, but the life span of an RB in the NFL these days is so short. I wouldn't give away that many picks unless I was getting a franchise QB or maybe a can't miss lineman that you could build a team around. It's not like the Browns are a running back away from the playoffs.

+1, also it's relatively easy to find similar value in later rounds for running backs. Lots of analysts question taking RBs in the first round period, unless they're a transcendent talent like Peterson. Giving up a bunch of picks to move up one spot to snag Richardson seems silly.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yeah, and why would the Browns trade up one spot when the team in front of them is the only one guaranteed NOT to pick a running back? even if 'sota traded down, Miami wasn't going to pick an RB third either.

They probably traded up with Minn mainly to guarantee that Minn doesn't trade down with anyone else. They also had like 13 picks and it's not like Cleveland was going to draft well with all those picks anyway. The bigger joke is drafting Weeden in the 1st round.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They probably traded up with Minn mainly to guarantee that Minn doesn't trade down with anyone else. They also had like 13 picks and it's not like Cleveland was going to draft well with all those picks anyway. The bigger joke is drafting Weeden in the 1st round.

From the [limited] film I've seen, Weeden's a good QB with a solid arm. He'll learn pro-style offenses and defenses in the years to come. Probably not a Brady/Rodgers/Manning, and a guaranteed reach at 22, but he should provide good competition with McCoy.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
normanlawrence