• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not sure what to get for my next pair. I usually just use to run and go to the gym.

Turned my 1.5+ year old Nike Free 1's into home slippers.

I agree with RFX that Free's in general are comfy shoes to kick it in etc.

I really want some limited release Nike's on the Free or Lunarsole...
Also some Nike x Undercover

Still thinking about these:
detail-big-image

detail-big-image

detail-big-image

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You got the Montreals, nice. How are you liking them?

Since you already have the Montreals with black uppers and white sole, have you considered an inverse colorway? The white uppers and black soled Free Run 3s is my favorite colorway, it's really nice.
11likiu.jpg

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

niketalk.com

We're on there too, for about 10 years now.

RFX: Have you ever tried brands like Brooks, Saucony, etc. that are oriented for running?

I asked because since we're all sneaker heads, I wore Nikes to run for many years until I really got into it and switched to running oriented brands. Never switched back since.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those are the FR3? I personally still like the black/white sole instead of the reverse in your photo

I like the darker top to sole color ratio personally.

I gave a brief summary of the Nike MTRL on RP:

Picked up the first pair at local Nike outlet store. Was very nice on feet in person. Sized up to 10.5 and was comfy but after my gym workout with them on I realized my right pinky toe was hurting like hell when I pressed on the side. Other than that it should stretch out. I actually like the multi-color light reflector strip on the back. I shouldn't be so adverse to color :eek:
Saw the FR3 in person too and it was quite nice. Was going to pick it up too but thought I wait on it since I only needed to replace my beat up Free 1's.
Nike Lunar Montreal

I should I not have doubt RFX on the shoe game tip. I'm not worthy :worship2: #wayne'sworld
also saw dude at new gym i visited decked out in what looked like to be undercover short+sweats combo with the new nike flyknits in the same facial hair and hairdo as Hiroki Nakamura, straight up Japanese with glasses on. He has to be on Sufu/SF #missedconnections You also one tall ass dude

The MTRL fit pretty slim width wise. A lot more than my Nike Free 1's.

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

RFX: Have you ever tried brands like Brooks, Saucony, etc. that are oriented for running?
I asked because since we're all sneaker heads, I wore Nikes to run for many years until I really got into it and switched to running oriented brands. Never switched back since.

I used to run in New Balances and tried Asics and found the Pegasus & Lunarglides to be better, I even preferred the Frees when I feel like having that barefoot feel. I've been very happy with Nikes and found no reason to commit to another shoe at this point, not to mention other running shoes just have terrible design. I know it isn't something that should look great because it is meant to be beaten to death but it certainly helps that Nikes looks good, I can run errands in them w/o looking like I just came from the gym. It isn't going to replace Lanvin or MMM but it is much better looking than the designs Brooks, Ecco, Saucony, Ascis, etc... comes out with.

there is something really funny to me about rfx complaining about a price tag for a t-shirt

:lol: I know it's weird but at the end of the day is it still a Nike tee which I can usually get for $7-$8 each at the outlets. I guess that is a mindset I haven't been able to get passed when it comes to Nike clothes.

Last edited:

aussiejake

Reaction score
I gave a brief summary of the Nike MTRL on RP:
The MTRL fit pretty slim width wise. A lot more than my Nike Free 1's.
So people are saying size up .5 of a size for the Montreal's? I'm a size 9.5 in Adidas Climacool, size 8 in CDB, size 9 in Vans LPE and size 7.5 in Beckman's. Thinking a size 9.5 or 10 for the upsizing. Any thoughts?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Those are the FR3? I personally still like the black/white sole instead of the reverse in your photo

Yup, FR3. That's cool though, color combo is a personal preference. The Free Havens are nice in that color combo.
oaq5c8.jpg

To me though, almost all white uppers and black sole is just a great colorway unless I actually plan to hike with them.
2pow9bn.jpg

34ils9w.jpg

xngqy8.jpg

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2nd one is dope

Regarding the Nike MTRL I have to say in hindsight if I had to choose a pair again I would have gone with size.11 as I have wide feet (E is normal right? So, I am a D width)

After taking out the insole though it felt great. I have to also say they do not seem that breathable. '

I love them nevertheless...Want to get a pair in size 11 now from the outlet store.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got the new Nikes in.

9032441.bmp

9032436.bmp

Lunardglide+ 4, much better than Lunarglide+ 3. Lighter, more cushioned and overall a better running shoe. People likes the LG3s looks better but I like the minimal look of the LG4.

As for the trainers, both are very stable shoes but the Lunar Edge 13 feels much closer to the ground, if you need to lift, this is probably better of the two. The Free Trainers 5.0 is more cushioned and feels like a better overall trainer shoe that you can do cross training with.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hrmmm RFX, Free haven 3.0's are available for $63 or so shipped right now. Would you still recommend after getting your Lunar Edges in?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member