• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

Fenners81

Reaction score
Probably just still getting to grips with extra output. They can only produce so many jackets with so many people without some little things getting past QC.

But honestly, stitching is the least of my concerns sometimes. I’d rather the jacket worked.
Haha, fair point. I often make the same point in the boots thread. These traditional clothes are nice to wear and look good, but modern materials have made them defunct. I don't think there's any doubt that gore-tex is better than waxed cotton as a rain coat.

jellyroller

Reaction score
Hello Barbour enthusiasts, I just received my first Barbour waxed jacket, the classic Beaufort in olive. It’s of obvious high quality and is heavier than I expected, which I like.

The jacket is darker than I was anticipating. Am I correct in assuming that it will fade / lighten / patina over time? I’m not sure if I want to keep it or find a similar jacket in a truer green color.

Fenners81

Reaction score
Hello Barbour enthusiasts, I just received my first Barbour waxed jacket, the classic Beaufort in olive. It’s of obvious high quality and is heavier than I expected, which I like.

The jacket is darker than I was anticipating. Am I correct in assuming that it will fade / lighten / patina over time? I’m not sure if I want to keep it or find a similar jacket in a truer green color.
It will lighten dramatically with wear. This is one of mine that's about 4 years old.

1701789632788.png

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It will lighten only if you don't wax it. A fresh coat of wax will darken it back to normal.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an old Beaufort with many holes. The repair at Barbour is more than a new jacket. Has anyone tried patching theirs? I brought it to a tailor and they said they wouldn’t do it. I think they just didn’t want to though. IMG_1352.png

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an old Beaufort with many holes. The repair at Barbour is more than a new jacket. Has anyone tried patching theirs? I brought it to a tailor and they said they wouldn’t do it. I think they just didn’t want to though. View attachment 2086805
I guess you're in the US? If you don't mind shipping back and forth to the UK, Oily Jack is the best at this stuff. Better than factory.

acconrad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on the zip-in liners? Are they all the same or are any of them better/warmer than the others? Got a beaufort that could use some extra warmth right about now

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on the zip-in liners? Are they all the same or are any of them better/warmer than the others? Got a beaufort that could use some extra warmth right about now
all the same really.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am looking for the no wax version Barbour jacket? I am wondering what’s the correct keyword for it if I want to do a search on google or eBay? Tried “ no wax” but it doesn’t work.
what jacket do you want? Barbour offer so many alternatives.

Quilt? Cotton? Leather? Denim? Unwaxed versions of waxed jackets?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beeeeeeees