• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Fenners81

Reaction score
Thinking of experimenting with my Stows in Acorn and darkening them with some Saphir Medallion polish in dark or medium brown. Talk me out of it?
I think it's a great idea but I'll be in the minority. Acorn is quite flat and artificial looking in my view. The addition of some darker tones, particularly on the toe cap can only improve it for me. If you don't like the result, reach for the renomat.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Thinking of experimenting with my Stows in Acorn and darkening them with some Saphir Medallion polish in dark or medium brown. Talk me out of it?
Go for it. You can use quite a bit of brown polish before it perceptibly darkens. And it’s mostly reversible.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think it's a great idea but I'll be in the minority. Acorn is quite flat and artificial looking in my view. The addition of some darker tones, particularly on the toe cap can only improve it for me. If you don't like the result, reach for the renomat.
Agree with you but I’d try using some neutral polish before reaching for the renomat. The little bit of solvent (turpentine?) in most polishes will probably remove a lot of the recently added polish.

Alpackino

Reaction score
Depending on where and how much you apply, it might end up looking like 1001 burnished. If you like it I also say go for it. The 1001 burnished is darker on the toe cap and up the tongue so if you want that look, you can apply a bit heavier on those areas.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore all my Kudu Bourtons last week - Moss, Caramel, Snuff & Sign.
Snuff Kudu's maiden voyage, got them from the Easter sale from the factory shop
20240401_174704.jpg
20240402_181558.jpg
20240403_080538.jpg
20240404_080010.jpg

thelonius

Reaction score
I'm confused about who make(s) Commando soles for Trickers, or just who makes lugged Commando soles in general. I few years ago I took a pair of Boughton brogues back to the Tricker's factory shop for a second sole replacement. The commando-style lugged soles, which had hairline splits developing, seemed to be identical to the Commando soles Trickers uses, but the firm's name Itshide was indicated on them instead of Commando. The soles were fitted by another shoe maker years before. The person who took charge of the shoes asked me who had fitted the soles, because, he said, "Trickers never uses Itshide". But if it's not Itshide, what other firm is making Commando soles like this?

Fenners81

Reaction score
I'm confused about who make(s) Commando soles for Trickers, or just who makes lugged Commando soles in general. I few years ago I took a pair of Boughton brogues back to the Tricker's factory shop for a second sole replacement. The commando-style lugged soles, which had hairline splits developing, seemed to be identical to the Commando soles Trickers uses, but the firm's name Itshide was indicated on them instead of Commando. The soles were fitted by another shoe maker years before. The person who took charge of the shoes asked me who had fitted the soles, because, he said, "Trickers never uses Itshide". But if it's not Itshide, what other firm is making Commando soles like this?
Tricker's website clearly states their commando soles are made by itshide. Perhaps not all itshide soles bear the branding.

princealbert

Reaction score
Commando soles are definitely made by Itshide and these are the ones used by Trickers.
However, the studded rubber soles which are generally referred to as Dainite soles and which are made by the Harboro Rubber Co are also made by Itside. Weirdly, the Istside versions of these soles are branded as ‘commando’. This may be where the confusion has arisen as I know that from time to time Trickers has used both versions.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The ones I have are marked with both Commando and Itshide. The only Tricker's I've encountered with the Itshide studded soles have been the wild color ones. I've also got a pair with yellow and a pair with green. The Bureau did a collection with the colored soles a number of years ago. I know Dainite has since then added some colors beyond blank and brown as I have a pair with red soles.

The blue soles pictured here are on a pair of navy Stows from Junya. I think Frans Boone did some Itshide sole models too.
Ec4TcJNkT8KPFtEMyDiL7w.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Blog post about those Itshide models.
b6bf5f58e9aea2bc37d0da7bb7db37ad.jpg

1c938ffd0af41f36bdf8876da9f6f184.jpg

princealbert

Reaction score
The ones I have are marked with both Commando and Itshide. The only Tricker's I've encountered with the Itshide studded soles have been the wild color ones. I've also got a pair with yellow and a pair with green. The Bureau did a collection with the colored soles a number of years ago. I know Dainite has since then added some colors beyond blank and brown as I have a pair with red soles.

The blue soles pictured here are on a pair of navy Stows from Junya. I think Frans Boone did some Itshide sole models too.
View attachment 2166583
Yep, thinking about it the ones I have seen have been in non brown or black colours. And I also thought they were poorer quality than the Dainite.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads