• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OFFICIAL THREAD: General Cookery and Discussion

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I use one of these and I like it a lot.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is my new salt cellar
IMG_2493.jpeg

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@double00 It's a hand made pottery piece with a lid. It was made for something else but was a good size and wide enough to get a big pinch out of and the style suited my taste. I should get another one for finishing but I've got a mangled box of malden that hides in a cupboard that I reach into for that.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don’t feel compelled to have a lid…pretty dry climate and all.

But we will see how this new one I made does. It has far more volume so it is possible it could start to clump or have stuff fall into it…

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I've just used a random bowl in a cupboard next to the cooktop for years.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t feel compelled to have a lid…pretty dry climate and all.

But we will see how this new one I made does. It has far more volume so it is possible it could start to clump or have stuff fall into it…

oh you made that ? nice ! is that a rutile glaze ?

i have plenty of pottery around i could use , i'll check in with my old lady's preferences maybe we will try the sideways opening style and keep it on the counter . i could see a bowl in the cupboard too

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Why do you need salt in a bowl vs leaving it in the original container?

IDK about you, but we buy that large box with a spout type box. Having it in a bowl by the cooktop makes grabbing a pinch to season pretty easy.

And also, Salt Bae.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
oh you made that ? nice ! is that a rutile glaze ?

i have plenty of pottery around i could use , i'll check in with my old lady's preferences maybe we will try the sideways opening style and keep it on the counter . i could see a bowl in the cupboard too
I'm gonna only take partial credit. I spun it on a wheel, but someone else trimmed the bottom, painted the glaze on, and fired it.

Was visiting a friend who does a ton of pottery and he was helping out at an open studio night. They let you work with clay for free, and if you like what you make, they will finish it for you for like 20-25 bucks (including choosing a glaze from a handful of options). Happened to like how this one turned out, so had them fire it and picked it up next time I was in town.

Really nice touch that they trim it for you rather than leaving a flat bottom--and I love how the glaze turned out.

brokencycle

Reaction score
IDK about you, but we buy that large box with a spout type box. Having it in a bowl by the cooktop makes grabbing a pinch to season pretty easy.

And also, Salt Bae.
How do you grab a big pinch and sprinkle from high up for optimal diffusion?

Also...3-5lb boxes are kind of annoying.

I just pour some salt into a finger bowl and then use that.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrownUrge