• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Cheers.

They are fitted, yes. Both the body and arms are narrow.

We will have some photos of them being worn by the weekend.

In the meantime, the mannequin (with a 38" chest) is wearing a size small. There is a shirt worn underneath, and it is a comfortable fit with plenty room to move and breath (were the mannequin able). With a thick jumper underneath, the small would not suffice — it'd have to be a medium.

The measurements of the garments on our site are all done by hand, and are precise, so if in doubt, you should fine them a reliable guide.

Last edited:

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SEH - Not yet a custom (it's currently 41 degrees celcius here in rural Australia!), just wanted to say I often find your clothes exceptional, and looking at that shawl sweater currently available, well, I'm dreaming of weather cool enough to order it!

Keep up the great work,

Your admirer,

Loner!

WDD_Blog

Reaction score
As there are no fit-pictures so far in this thread, I will humbly offer up a couple of snaps of myself wearing SEH Kelly items...

First up, the Tour jacket (which I always thought fit me really well, but on the photos appears to have really long arms?). The second shows the light green cord trousers (the same colour as the Tour jacket).

Nick

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The sleeve-length of the tour jacket (above) are the same as the peacoat.

On most people (sorry Nick) they are standard length ... although we have found with some larger customers that they are somewhat short, and thus we are extending them, in future, by between 1-2cm.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great looking coat! Next time I'm in London town, I'm going to visit your studio.

Tadite

Reaction score

Sorry, no -- no more will be made.

Thank you to all for the kind words. Much appreciated.

That's profoundly disappointing. Moment I saw it written up in the telegraph I knew it would go fast.

Think next time you may think of a larger run. Youre getting to much press just to make six. If someone cancels on a medium do send me a PM!

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yep, will certainly let you know about the M.

The uncertainty of the hand-weaving cloth project at its outset, coupled with the time-consuming nature of the process, meant that fewer peacoats were made than might've otherwise been the case.

Having said that, it is not our way to make many of any particular garment anyway. But with time, yes -- hopefully we'll be able to keep the factory busier.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

As there are no fit-pictures so far in this thread, I will humbly offer up a couple of snaps of myself wearing SEH Kelly items...

First up, the Tour jacket (which I always thought fit me really well, but on the photos appears to have really long arms?). The second shows the light green cord trousers (the same colour as the Tour jacket).

Nick

This looks excellent. Good stuff.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like I just purchased the last peacoat in Large :) It will be my first SEH Kelly piece, and am very much looking forward to it.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zissou you are a true tweed fetishist :cheers:

edit: and enabler, kopped the small

Last edited:

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
First custom from the good ship Styleforum much appreciated.

And for what it is worth, the one remaining Large has come back in (exchanged by a customer for a Medium this morning).

JasonV

Reaction score
I got one of the mediums, looking forward to seeing it in person and hopefully it fits!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member