• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
Yeah this is a tough one, I feel both could work. ideally if you can try to order both sizes from someone with a good return policy. Always sucks getting a a pair that does not fit.
would EU38 be too tight if compared to EU39 u reckon?
I wear a 8 in Jordan 1&4 and recently got some new balances 2002r in 8 and the size 40 bball low and Achilles fits me. My old 39 Achilles also fit but I get slight pinky toe rub which is why I sized up, but they are a tiny bit long

Last edited:

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a sz 8 in Nike and wear a sz 39 Achilles low........they start tight but some shoes trees and a few weeks of wear make them fit great.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PXL_20230719_181432703~2.jpg
PXL_20230719_181417728.jpg
Snapped a quick pic while waiting at the doctor's. These things squeak like crazy. Anyone have the same issue? And how to resolve?

Mujib

Reaction score
I'm looking at a pair for sale locally. The right shoe has a green authenticity tag hanging from the top shoelace hole. Is this something you all have seen before?

boibleu22

Reaction score
View attachment 1993457 View attachment 1993459 Snapped a quick pic while waiting at the doctor's. These things squeak like crazy. Anyone have the same issue? And how to resolve?
It'll go away after a while.
...Like, a long while. You gotta break them in quite a bit. I don't know if it's something to do with dust and **** that inevitably gets onto the leather, but it took a while to break mine in before they stopped squeaking.

boibleu22

Reaction score
I'm looking at a pair for sale locally. The right shoe has a green authenticity tag hanging from the top shoelace hole. Is this something you all have seen before?
I've had 8 pairs of CPs and i've never seen any authenticity tag.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the same pair. The squeaking has gotten better over time. I recall reading some advice online about using baby powder on the tongue?
I did use some baby powder

It'll go away after a while.
...Like, a long while. You gotta break them in quite a bit. I don't know if it's something to do with dust and **** that inevitably gets onto the leather, but it took a while to break mine in before they stopped squeaking.

I'm thinking the same thing. I wore them for about 12 hours last Friday and I could feel the leather getting softer. Pretty comfortable sneakers. I'll just keep wearing them and breaking them in.

Dan82

Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks to this forum I have finally gotten my common projects Achilles low and very excited about it.

I believe I have got the right size because I have been reading on all the advice given here.

I am a converse Chuck Taylor US 7 male (perfect fit) and got the Achilles in EU 39. The Achilles is just so slightly on the loose end though. Think it would be perfect if there is a half size down. Don’t think I can go a full size down.

I just got a really quick question and hope as many as possible of you could reply to this.

Those of you who like to wear your Achilles snug or very snug. Where do your big toe reaches in the toe box?

I have added a photo and the blue line is where my big toe reaches.

Attachments

• IMG_9886.jpeg
    IMG_9886.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 926

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics