• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

verver

Reaction score
How do folks feel about TLF as clear opticals? I really been wanting Rawlins for sometime but idk how I feel about the ornamentation on the side arms…I do like to keep things clean and subtle ( says the guy with exposed wirecore on almost all his frames 😜) that said I do have a few TLF as sunglasses like Thundercloud which I find the ornamentation to be more simple and subtle in comparison but I don’t know many who use TLF as daily opticals even celebrities who you would think would wear them given their extravagant price tag and look at me ornamentation but nah not even Jason Momoa, his last frontier are sunnies (thundercloud and Sterett). The only celeb I know of that wears Last Frontier frames as opticals is Adam Goldberg of course, the Arkansas and the Pinedale in The Equalizer (and irl) … SO is it a bit too ostentatious or ? 🤔 just curious
I have 2 pairs I wear as daily opticals, Farson and Dayton, rotating between them and also Fitzgerald. I don’t have any qualms and think they look fine.

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I was just turned away by JMM support for wanting to buy sunglass lenses for my JMM RX frames.

If they were identical lense size/shape 1:1, I have no idea why they'd turn away business. It makes me think that perhaps there is some difference in RX vs Sunglass frames?

They can offer this in-store. The lenses aren't stocked so would have to be cut to order by the people working there. I purchased tinted lenses for an RX frame instore, I believe it was $175 and took 20 mins. The only difference is that the ones I have don't have the "JJMM" etching.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two pairs of optical frames turned into sunglasses, an Altabani and a Wagram: the lenses were cut and mounted directly by the selling shop, no issue at all.
Right now I'm considering to buy a Picabia and have sun lenses added.
I also have three pairs of Ichikawa waiting for a conversion, sooner or later.

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, Jerome has been a busy bee with lining up product 12 months out.
View attachment 2122331
I missed this post.
I just said a few pages back I wouldn’t mind something in Stingray. Definitely in for these - either he’s late for this month or as you say getting really ready for next year!
This will fill the final sixth slot in my box so I wish they’d hurry up and get them on sale.

From now on it will take something very special for me to pull the trigger as I’m now saturated.

(Famous last words eh?)

Pakman161

Reaction score
I missed this post.
I just said a few pages back I wouldn’t mind something in Stingray. Definitely in for these - either he’s late for this month or as you say getting really ready for next year!
This will fill the final sixth slot in my box so I wish they’d hurry up and get them on sale.

From now on it will take something very special for me to pull the trigger as I’m now saturated.

(Famous last words eh?)
Famous last words indeed. I would very much hope to see more Enzo's or Plaza's coming out with these color variations. I would probably wear them rarely since we're going into the odder spectrum of colors that don't necessarily work with your daily articles of clothing. At this point it's a ramp down of sunglass purchases where it would be 1 or 2 a year to add to the base collection. I like the titanium's, but I don't feel that they add much for me value wise and find that Oliver peoples metal frames fill the itch.

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
Any recs for an AD in the Chicago area?
Well 1 - I’m out of Chicago and selling a bunch so let me know if there’s anything you’re interested in. On ad’s, there’s custom eyes and dvision. For selection, definitely custom eyes, but call ahead as they have lots of stores and will tell you if a particular model is in one of their stores. For service, dvision, though they seem to be having less and less jmm these days.

zonda600

Reaction score
Agree with Custom Eyes in Chicago. I go to the Roscoe Village location. Over the summer, I asked about the Crevel in Noir which they did not have in stock, but were able to source it for me within a week.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I missed this post.

(Famous last words eh?)

Never say never, especially with JMM (Jacques Marie Mage).

I don't like the Stingray colouway, definitely too loud for my taste, but you could wear it in your Mod aesthetics.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never say never, especially with JMM (Jacques Marie Mage).

I don't like the Stingray colouway, definitely too loud for my taste, but you could wear it in your Mod aesthetics.
Yeah I’m thinking silver grey suit and orange tie, or dressed down I have several orange polos, worn with jeans, orange gazelles or orange Florsheim Duckle Brown bucks!

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found this great fit on the Hemmings, by @Michael Bandy.

419627278_10161867228133949_7473121082033684817_n.jpg

The_J_Hat

Reaction score
Well 1 - I’m out of Chicago and selling a bunch so let me know if there’s anything you’re interested in. On ad’s, there’s custom eyes and dvision. For selection, definitely custom eyes, but call ahead as they have lots of stores and will tell you if a particular model is in one of their stores. For service, dvision, though they seem to be having less and less jmm these days.

Not looking for anything in particular right now, but I’ll keep that in mind, thanks.

Honestly, just need a decent spot to go to if I ever wanna window shop and try on frames. I was thinking my next pair might be Hatfield’s in Noir, but I really don’t think they’d match my vibe. Or fit my face, really.

oudwood

Reaction score
Sigh.. I got my package today with 3 frames in it:

* Vendome Camel
* Julien Dahlia
* Molino Ocre

I was very very certain that I was going to go with the Vendomes in camel, adding in brown sunglass lenses. They are such a beautiful frame but they appear pretty orange on my face, but they also just look huge! I think they look so bold right now because of the demo RX lenses.

I never wanted the Dahlia color for the Julien, nor the Molino. I just wanted to see the Julien shape and Ocre color. My ideal would be Julien in Ocre ! Miraculously, Visionist just stocked a random Julien in Ocre a few days ago.. So I picked it up!

Now my dilemma is the Vendôme Camel.. it's heartbreaking to think to send them back. They are such a unique and classy piece. I think I have 7 days to return them, but it's not enough time to get a brown lense in them to see their full potential. No idea what to do.

The budget says I can't get both the Vendôme and the Julien haha. What to do. Hopefully the Juliens come fast and I can then do a direct comparison.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
proflex