• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gordon_Shumway

Reaction score
Well, not his brand anymore so I guess he now wears whatever he likes. That jacket doesn't look like TF as well
True.. but by doing so regardless of no longer being the eyewear/fashion competition is paying a lot of respect to Jerome. And at the end of the day he wears those Enzos like they were crafted for him!

And that pic just made me bring my Enzos out of Retirement (and by retirement i mean placed back into rotation lol)

chrisabel687

Reaction score
Been looking for the Ripley frame any color will do, anyone willing to trade/sell?

I have the Deveaux Yellowstone and Fellini Noir

please let me know, thank you!

Last edited:

Gordon_Shumway

Reaction score
Crazy how Jerome really set a new standard in eyewear. Companies like Oliver Peoples and Cutler ans Gross fusing the exposed wirecore with new models and now new competition arising from Japanese materials echoing a VERY similar look all together 🤔 all the designers are lifting from JMM style now

Attachments

• IMG_1208.jpeg
    IMG_1208.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1209.jpeg
    IMG_1209.jpeg
    153.9 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, they don’t look bad! You clearly are able to pull off almost any frame. Still, a whiskeyclone would be more ideal for you, I think.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, they don’t look bad! You clearly are able to pull off almost any frame. Still, a whiskeyclone would be more ideal for you, I think.
Word. I had to look that one up, and I agree it'd work pretty well on me.

Unfortunately I got blasted with taxes/duties so now I'm into sunk-cost territory.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems like you’re purchasing just for the sake of trying to do something different and not boring. Not sure it works all that well. Not awful, but not great either.

The issue is the frame isn’t quite wide enough, and the lens height is too short. It almost looks like - based on this one pic - when someone adds a horizontal strip to black out his eyes to “hide” his Internet identity. With the mustache and big hair, this size and style of frames just seems to be off.

But just my opinion. You liking it is what really matters.

Last edited:

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is Debbie with the original lenses. Optical vs sunglasses makes a big difference of course, but leaning towards getting a 20% purple or pink fashion tint for opticals. View attachment 2180989

I agree with the comments above, doesn't look bad, but not great either. I think that other styles would suit you better. Moreover it obviously will have another impact as opticals.

Last edited:

penkala

Reaction score
I mean, it doesn't look bad but maybe too much things going on (the hair, moustache, angular glasses). I'm also not against the cateye model. Lot's of men rocking ysl sunglasses etc, but they are slightly bigger I think / making them more rnr. Some examples are too small even for them.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    662.2 KB · Views: 74

LuisedPicked

Reaction score
Crazy how Jerome really set a new standard in eyewear. Companies like Oliver Peoples and Cutler ans Gross fusing the exposed wirecore with new models and now new competition arising from Japanese materials echoing a VERY similar look all together 🤔 all the designers are lifting from JMM style now

The exposed wirecore has always been a prerogative of Japanese models long before Jerome's arrival... think of Matsuda or Masunaga. Even Oliver Peoples produced similar models when they were Made In Japan (before the acquisition by Luxottica), the historic Sheldrake model had the exposed wirecore wirecore already 15 years ago

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

It's funny, I can see why these glasses are just ok or mid on me.

Out of all the pairs I've bought, I've had the least doubts about these ones. I notice I like to buy frames that evoke a lot of emotion or give off a strong mood or vibe to me.

These ones felt "dark, moody, serious, cunning". Awesome, I don't have anything that currently feels like that.

I've tried on a tonne of frames that this thread would like on me, and I felt absolutely nothing trying them on. These won't be crowd-pleasers, but I do have 4 other pairs of opticals that I'll rotate through.

@korektphool Thank you. Jacket is vintage Levi Type 3, bought from Wooden Sleepers on IG. Trousers are OD7 from Bronson MFG (out of stock, but they always have variations.)

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is Debbie with the original lenses. Optical vs sunglasses makes a big difference of course, but leaning towards getting a 20% purple or pink fashion tint for opticals. View attachment 2180989

Dude these rule. Try them with an all-black fit, maybe a Saint Laurent inspired vibe

w2000_q60.jpg

w2000_q60.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members