• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was just discussing the the yesteryear Vacherons with my new watch rep, they really did produce some beauties, this included!
Thank you! I was a huge fan of VCs offerings in the past, especially pieces from the 90's and early 2000's and then things really changed. Into the mid to late 2000s when they discontinued the 2 register 37mm Historiques chronograph and replaced it with a watch that used the same Lemania based movement, but had 42mm case, IWC style pushers, and an MSRP that had doubled. They still occasionally make a handsome watch, but their collection overall hasn't captured my attention they way their previous collections did.

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I was a huge fan of VCs offerings in the past, especially pieces from the 90's and early 2000's and then things really changed. Into the mid to late 2000s when they discontinued the 2 register 37mm Historiques chronograph and replaced it with a watch that used the same Lemania based movement, but had 42mm case, IWC style pushers, and an MSRP that had doubled. They still occasionally make a handsome watch, but their collection overall hasn't captured my attention they way their previous collections did.
This was also what was discussed! VC or JLC would produce a new base (generic term) calibre and envisage a case etc, present it to the Richemont overlords and they would 3 of 5 say no and pass it down the chain.
HOW To DILUTE A BRAND 101.

Oh, and similar situation at GP after the Kering sale, GP fell off the planet.

Last edited:

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
How much padding do you guys typically go for?
As I suppose you speak of watch strap, my take is that it depends of the watch thickness.
For example the original croc strap (always been replaced with the identical model) of my Piaget (that is less than 3mm thickness) seems to have almost no padding and is very thin.
On the contrary a strap of a thick watch should have padding imo.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much padding do you guys typically go for?
As I suppose you speak of watch strap, my take is that it depends of the watch thickness.
For example the original croc strap (always been replaced with the identical model) of my Piaget (that is less than 3mm thickness) seems to have almost no padding and is very thin.
On the contrary a strap of a thick watch should have padding imo.
I think a padded strap looks worse on nearly all watches. They come across as old fashioned and inflexible. Even on thicker watches. Maybe on a Tortue MP or a LF Galet slight padding suits the case. Meaning no padding is usually best.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did have to use the chrono yesterday while running back to the car during intermission.

20240504_075421.jpg

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Was with my mate who has an original «Formula 1». Probably the Kith x Heuer collab will sell like hot cakes but on the contrary to the MoonSwatch, it’s a very limited edition. I suppose they will be resold at a stupid price.

RenderedImage.jpeg

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was with my mate who has an original «Formula 1». Probably the Kith x Heuer collab will sell like hot cakes but on the contrary to the MoonSwatch, it’s a very limited edition. I suppose they will be resold at a stupid price.

View attachment 2179723
I find every version of these hideous. I like vintage and new Swatches, freestyle “sharks”, and other playful watches, but these have always confounded me. Oh well. To each their own…

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I find every version of these hideous. I like vintage and new Swatches, freestyle “sharks”, and other playful watches, but these have always confounded me. Oh well. To each their own…
Not my thing either but the steel version ain’t that bad. Each model as its own planet city name, clearly MoonSwatch marketing was their inspiration.

IMG_7848.jpeg

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not my thing either but the steel version ain’t that bad. Each model as its own planet city name, clearly MoonSwatch marketing was their inspiration.

View attachment 2179883

Kith is a huge streetwear brand, not at the Supreme level but still, those watches should sell quickly. The only surprising thing is that they didn’t go whole hog and do a hoodie, sneakers and a scented candle with the signature smell of each city.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member