• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Rochester Tailored Clothing (formerly Hickey Freeman) Thread

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Great story re the special cloth!! How'd you let people know? I imagine they went to old and faithful customers?
In this case yes, there was only going to be enough for 2.. maybe 3 jackets, so I just messaged two of our regular RTC clients who I figured would like it.

But usually list all of the rare fabrics on our site in a collection. I'll post them all on this thread too 😁

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, got the first new promo since starting this...

Two gorgeous and crucial basic trouser fabrics. We have these available at a promotional price ($265 & $285), which is about 30% off the usual MSRP. If you want to try out RTC, these are a great place to start and the very opening price point for a custom piece.

If you're not familiar with our trouser fabrics and you have questions, please feel free to message me on the epaulet site or ask right here. Thanks!

photo-output.jpg

CUSTOM TROUSERS IN CHARCOAL WOOL CROSSHATCH FRESCO & PEACHSKIN KHAKI

These two crucial basics are the best-selling trouser fabrics of 2023.

And it makes perfect sense: everyone can use a sharp pair of grey four-season wool pants and a comfortable khaki cotton that can be dressed up or down.

We've moved through most of the inventory, but there's enough fabric for about 10 pairs of trousers in each cloth. Both are available at our lowest promotional price and ready to cut immediately. Watch the video below to see the fabrics in HD and hear all about them.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hattori1 copy.jpg

Custom Trousers in Hattori Cotton Twill: $325

Hey guys,

If you like our pants and you dig the look of this cloth, then don't miss out on this!

Composed of slate grey and natural indigo yarns, this 11oz pure cotton fabric hails from the famed Hattori Textile Co. of Kyoto Japan.

We sold about 12 of these over the past month, and there's enough cloth for 2 more pairs. That's it. I don't see myself ever getting any more of this cloth.

It will make up in to a brilliant four-season trouser that can be easily dressed up or down. It's machine washable, and you can expect the indigo yarns to fade with wash and wear, increasing the contrast over time.

I made a whole video on it too:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Two more beautiful makeups arrived from our friends in Rochester.

First is our Nuovo sportcoat in a beautiful silk-cashmere check from @loropiana.

Look at those blue tones! This fabric feels like a dream and the smoke mother-of-pearl buttons are a great touch.

loro piana blue1.jpeg

loro piana blue2.jpeg

Next is our Doppio double breasted jacket in Irish indigo-dyed linen cavalry twill. It’s a gorgeous piece for the Summertime, but this heavier yarn is thick enough to work well into late Fall.

linen cav twill db1.jpeg

linen cav twill db2.jpeg

gimpwiz

Reaction score
I finally got my hands on something from Epaulet - a Sashiko field jacket. Very nice! Hugely a fan of field jackets, as of about eight months ago. Makes me regret not getting in on the group buy for the denim one. You wouldn't happen to have any left over in a small size (36, usually)? I can always troll spoo's auctions and hope one pops up... mmm.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I finally got my hands on something from Epaulet - a Sashiko field jacket. Very nice! Hugely a fan of field jackets, as of about eight months ago. Makes me regret not getting in on the group buy for the denim one. You wouldn't happen to have any left over in a small size (36, usually)? I can always troll spoo's auctions and hope one pops up... mmm.
Oh that's so great to hear! Really glad that you're enjoying the jacket :)

The Field Jacket is a standard MTO shape for us and RTC. If you like any of the fabric offerings for the Teba, then we could do the FJ for the same price.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Epaulet @jefferyd

I saw that Heritage Gold suits are now on the Samuelsohn website. Is that a joint venture between Samuelsohn and RTC? Also, are the RTC Heritage Gold suits made to a higher standard than typical Samuelsohn suits?

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@Epaulet @jefferyd

I saw that Heritage Gold suits are now on the Samuelsohn website. Is that a joint venture between Samuelsohn and RTC? Also, are the RTC Heritage Gold suits made to a higher standard than typical Samuelsohn suits?
The Hickey-branded production had been moved up to Montreal a few years ago; when LMAG lost the HF license they quickly came up with a new label to continue to service retailers who wanted the same HF product but with a different name on it. Nothing to do with RTC anymore.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ah ok. I saw that the tailoring was Made in Canada/US (joint production?), so I assumed there was an RTC connection.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ah ok. I saw that the tailoring was Made in Canada/US (joint production?), so I assumed there was an RTC connection.
Hit me up if something on there catches your eye. We can deliver a piece like that for around the same price (even less in some instances) but with full MTO options.

And made by the proper Hickey Freeman USA artisans.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hit me up if something on there catches your eye. We can deliver a piece like that for around the same price (even less in some instances) but with full MTO options.

And made by the proper Hickey Freeman USA artisans.
I definitely will. We’re actually planning a trip to Rochester soon, so would love to pay a visit for a commission.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Great fit pic on Instagram today. We made this client a fully custom Doyle chore jacket in this rad wool/linen textured cloth from Joseph Abboud.

I sourced the fabric locally in Los Angeles, we put it up for sale (enough for 3 pieces), took orders against it, and sent it to RTC for production.

I love these kind of promos. We can offer a great price and present some unique fabrics that are impossible to find elsewhere…

IMG_8790.jpeg
IMG_8791.jpeg

Knox

Reaction score
Eva, this is great news about the Epaulet-RTC connection. Pleased to hear the quality will continue and persevere.

Are there particular RTC models that correlate with the older Southwick models-- such as the Ivy League(ish) "Douglas," which was an undarted, center vent, 3-button "sack"?

Also, what does soft/unconstructed tailoring entail? More than just the lack of lining (assuming a 1/8"/butterfly lining).

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Eva, this is great news about the Epaulet-RTC connection. Pleased to hear the quality will continue and persevere.

Are there particular RTC models that correlate with the older Southwick models-- such as the Ivy League(ish) "Douglas," which was an undarted, center vent, 3-button "sack"?

Also, what does soft/unconstructed tailoring entail? More than just the lack of lining (assuming a 1/8"/butterfly lining).
Hi Knox! My apologies that I didn't respond earlier... we actually had a separate thread about this model.

But YES.. we do offer the "Princeton" jacket which is basically the Douglas with a softer shoulder, larger lapel, and more athletic sleeve. We can also do the Douglas as-is.

https://www.epauletbrand.com/products/princeton-sack-jacket-in-fall-luxury-promo-fabrics

And both of these models are undarted, single vent, full liner, 3 button, and full canvas.

Soft construction primarily refers to our soft, natural and unpadded shoulder. It's comfortable, it looks current, and it fits nicely on a range of physiques... which is important as nearly all of our fittings are done remotely.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hope you guys had a great weekend! I'm on a quick holiday this week, so I might be a bit slower to respond to inquiries, but Ming is getting orders shipped and keeping tabs.

In the meantime, I wanted to check in with this rad custom trouser makeup. One of my favorite customers ordered our single-pleat Taylor shape in Multicam ripstop. Complete with brace buttons on the inside waistband!

Camo Taylor1.jpg

Camo Taylor2.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members