• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Rochester Tailored Clothing (formerly Hickey Freeman) Thread

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quick RTC update.. we just received this beautiful "Tuscan Linen Tattersall" sportcoat, and this fabric is such a stunner. We probably made around 15 individual garments in it, and the pattern is just ace.
There's enough left for 2 or 3 more pieces. We have it listed for both the Princeton Jacket and our custom Trousers, but it could be used for any of our shapes. If you want to commission a piece and you don't see the options online, just message me and I can set it up for you.

Nuovo Tuscan Tattersall1.jpg
Nuovo Tuscan Tattersall2.jpg
Nuovo Tuscan Tattersall3.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's that same Tuscan Linen Tattersall as a Teba. I snapped this with an Olympus XA camera from the 80s and Cinestill 400 color negative film. Feels like forever since I shot anything analog, and it turns out that I really missed that.

000073980035.jpg

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We received a beautiful custom suit in our "Peachskin" Khaki Cotton last week. I put together a quick photoshoot to show it off.

This is truly one of the best cotton's that I've ever seen. It has an incredibly crisp hand, and it's on the thicker side of a four-season weight. Many cotton jackets make up kind of limp, but this fabric really works beautifully as a laid back sportcoat.

Shooting outside in the cloudless sunshine of downtown LA isn't the easiest, but I love how radiant this cloth looks in that light.

The fabric is offline, but I have some yardage remaining if you're interested in a suit, sportcoat, or trouser. Just drop me a line here or through the chat function of our site.

Peachskin Suit Leader.jpg
Peachskin Suit Jacket.jpg
Peachskin Suit Lapel.jpg
Peachskin Suit Cuff.jpg
Peachskin Suit Pant.jpg
Peachskin Suit Window.jpg
Peachskin Suit Sign.jpg

Attachments

• Peachskin Suit Sign.jpg
    Peachskin Suit Sign.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Peachskin Suit Window.jpg
    Peachskin Suit Window.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Peachskin Suit Cuff.jpg
    Peachskin Suit Cuff.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 19
  • Peachskin Suit Pant.jpg
    Peachskin Suit Pant.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A while back, I had an interesting inquiry from a client. He's getting married in a few weeks, and he fell in love with the Rope Dyed Indigo Sashiko that we've used for our in-house Doyle jackets and Rivet Chinos. He wanted a custom 3-piece suit in this cloth.

It was interesting to work with. The cloth is so saturated with indigo that it would have fouled the machines at RTC, so I actually washed it myself a few times at a local laundromat. After 3 sessions of washing and drying, the excess indigo was pretty much all out, so I shipped out that treated fabric for his suit.

The resulting 3-piece was STUNNING. I've done a lot of tailored sashiko, but this fabric has a extra level of aging and depth. It made up beautifully into our in-house shapes too. We shipped it out to him and he was thrilled with the results.

It's always flattering when guys think of us for their wedding suits, but it was next level to also do a custom piece in our own speciality cloth. I honestly don't think that there's another place on Earth to get a fully MTO canvassed 3-piece suit in Japanese rope dyed indigo sashiko. It's really unique, and it was wonderful to hear how pleased he was with it...

Rope Dyed Suit Testimonial.jpg
RTC Rope Dyed Suit1.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys! It's last call for our Harris Tweed promotional pricing:

YT Leader Harris Tweed.jpg

Last Chance for 20% Off and Early Fall Delivery
Our first Harris Tweed customs start to ship next week, so it's last call for the earlybird discount.

Our 20% off pricing ends Monday 9/4. The discount is already reflected in the price online. Order now for a great price and delivery by mid-October.

We have four stunning fabrics to choose from. Each one has incredible details like bold colors, intricate herringbone weaves, marled tonal yarns, and brilliant multicolored flecks.

We're offering them across all of our custom shapes with RTC. Prices are anywhere from 20% to 30% off retail, and you can fully customize these garments!

Scroll down to see all of the available categories. And use the chat function of our website with any questions.

And, if you'd like a Princeton Sack Jacket in any of these tweeds, that can be done! It's not officially online, so drop an email to Eva Kuhle at [email protected] and she can set it up for you.

Harris Leader Suit.jpg

Suits, Sportcoats, Doyles & Field Jackets: $650 to $1550 ($8̶9̶5̶ to $1̶9̶9̶5̶)

Teba Leader.jpg

Overcoat Leader.jpg

Custom Overcoats in Harris Tweed: $1250 ($̶1̶6̶9̶5̶)

Trouser Leader.jpg

And here's detail shots of the four fabrics that we have. Every one of them is brand new for this year!

Charcoal Scarlet Flecks.jpg

Pink Sorbet heather Logo.jpg

Chestnut Confetti Logo.jpg

Violet Mist Logo.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I've made some rad pants over the past 15 years, but these are in a class of their own!

May I present the Taylor trouser (single pleat, high rise) and the Walt trouser (plain front, mid rise) in our exclusive "Pink Sorbet" Harris Tweed.

They photograph nicely, but they look EVEN better in person. These two beauties are shipping to their new homes today. There's enough cloth for about 3 or 4 more pairs, so click through to learn more about it.

This is a great opportunity to get some incredible trousers!

Harris Pink Sorbet Taylor Main.jpg
Harris Pink Sorbet Walt Main.jpg
Harris Pink Sorbet Taylor Detail.jpg
Harris Pink Sorbet Walt Detail.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Lovat Leader.jpg

Custom Sportcoats Lovat Mills Navy & Grey Mottled Tweed: $1195

Woven in Scotland by Lovat Mills, this incredible tweed has enough inventory for just two sportcoats. I purchased it locally, and it's exclusively available right here.

It's 100% wool and features a complex variegated weave of oxford grey and navy yarns. Depending on the lighting, it can appear more grey or more navy in different settings. This not only gives it a rad texture, but it also means that this cloth works with both navy and grey trousers. And of course other tones like khaki, olive, indigo, coffee, and burgundy.

On top of these dual navy & grey tones, the cloth has a beautiful sprinkling of optic white flecks. It's absolutely stunning in person! The 16oz weight is heavier than the typical flannel but lighter than an overcoat tweed, and it's perfect for the cold Fall/Winter temps.

Check out the video to see this fabric in HD and hear more about it!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We received a beautiful box of Harris Tweed tailored pieces from RTC today! Was so great to see these beautiful fabrics turned into even better garments. Here's what arrived:

Teba Jacket in Violet Mist Harris Tweed:

Violet Teba Main.jpg

Violet Teba Lapel.jpg

Doyle Jacket In Violet Mist Harris Tweed:

Violet Harris Doyle.jpg

Violet Harris Doyle Cuff.jpg

Nuovo Sportcoat in Grey With Scarlet Flecks Harris Tweed

Grey Harris Main.jpg

Grey Harris Lapel Detail.jpg

Walt Trouser in Grey With Scarlet Flecks Harris Tweed:

Harris Grey Pant Main.jpg

Harris Grey Pant Detailjpg.jpg

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks! We sold it out to the last yard… I can’t wait to see how it made up in the suits that we ordered

Echoing the above, that's a really nice colour. The shade is subdued enough that it doesn't make the teba look like a costume

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
veelobostmaleenhan