• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the next step up from Suit Supply MTM in London?

ysc2

Reaction score
After not buying a suit for years I had a double-breasted dinner jacket made for me by Suit Supply. It's fine, but it's not great.

They are still pushing quite a slim-cut and high-button stance that I think is going to look pretty dated soon. Some elements of the fit just could be a bit better etc. etc.

It's fine for the price, but I am curious about what's available for a bit more.

I know a truly great suit is probably going to cost A LOT more. More than I want to spend. But it would be great to hear what others have tried and would recommend in London for a slightly better MTM suit.

St1X

Reaction score
SuSu can make you a larger cut and lower button stance. As long as you know what you want and can find a sales associate who understands it.
Sorry, I don't live in London, so can't recommend anything else

ysc2

Reaction score
SuSu can make you a larger cut and lower button stance. As long as you know what you want and can find a sales associate who understands it.
Sorry, I don't live in London, so can't recommend anything else

Thanks, st1X. I did push them to add a bit more volume to the trousers and increase the rise on the trousers but it still felt like I was swimming against the tide a bit.

If I used them again I would have to go in with a really clear list to get what I want, but I am just curious with all of the many many options in London if I could do a bit better if I spent a little more.

TomTom

Reaction score
If you are in London I would recommend Mason and Sons, the successors of Anthony Sinclair the original James Bond tailor. They have a great MTM program , they will listen to your preferences and makes sure you get what you want. I have several suits from them and they are all amazing (of course not Bespoke quality) but no too tight , painted on style there. Give them a try, a bit more than SuSu but a really great service plus Elliot is a true gentleman.

ysc2

Reaction score
I am in London, so I will check them out. I don't mind spending more than Suit Supply if it's going to be worth it. Thanks TomTom.

ilias252

Reaction score
I am in London, so I will check them out. I don't mind spending more than Suit Supply if it's going to be worth it. Thanks TomTom.
Hi.
Can you please give us an update on what you ended up doing? I am looking for a double breasted suit on similar price bracket.
Thanks,
Ilias

ysc2

Reaction score
Hey Ilias,

Work got busy and I don't need the suit until September so I've done exactly nothing since this post.

I've been thinking about Mason and Sons MTM, Cad & Dandy, and Timothy Everest MTM (I live and work near the shop and have a couple of OTR items from there I like).

Sorry not to have any more insight for you.

ilias252

Reaction score
Thank you. Will probably book an appointment with Mason & Sons as they are conveniently located for me.

Ilias

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member