• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rhodia

Reaction score

abantigen

Reaction score
Wow that Moon jacket looks way better in the Instagram picture than their product photos. Would love to see real life pics of it

Rhodia

Reaction score
Wow that Moon jacket looks way better in the Instagram picture than their product photos. Would love to see real life pics of it
I've been basing my decisions this season on the product photos, not the model ones. They're not perfect, but at least they lack the odd photoshop/AI flatness.

Previous seasons' photos were better for color and texture, but the torso mannequins are very poor at conveying shape.

classicoutfits

Reaction score
Just a note: That sportcoat is already available. But for reasons that will probably remain mysterious, it is not under Previews, or New Arrivals, or even Sportcoats.

But...if you simply search "Moon" in the Search Box, it'll come up.

Thank you! I am glad I asked here, that's puzzling!!

I ordered it over the weekend.
One of these sport coats that I did not want to wait to go on sale and miss out :D

I will report back next week :)

ElliotG

Reaction score
Between the "secret" Moon jacket under discussion today and the "undercover" high-twist VBC trousers, it is incredible how bad the website is after all these years.

I had been watching the site like a hawk for the usually high-twist/fresco trouser drop and only found out they had them in stock thanks to this forum. They are still difficult me to navigate back to even though I know they're there.

classicoutfits

Reaction score
Between the "secret" Moon jacket under discussion today and the "undercover" high-twist VBC trousers, it is incredible how bad the website is after all these years.

I had been watching the site like a hawk for the usually high-twist/fresco trouser drop and only found out they had them in stock thanks to this forum. They are still difficult me to navigate back to even though I know they're there.

This is 100% on point. Without this forum I would not have thought both are actually in stock. Many times I find things on sale that don't come up when clicking on the ad (the first page when you go to the website) or through the email. if they pay money to fix, they actually would make up to it by generating more sale (I would think right!?)

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yep. Difficult to navigate. Especially the custom tailoring section. And the pictures are godawful, which means, like another poster said, you have to make a choice based on the product specs, rather than the how it looks on the virtual mannequin. Spier has such fantastic merch, but sometimes, it’s hard to tell from those pics.

Harachel

Reaction score
Hi folks, I was interested in this seersucker suit since we have hot, humid summers where I am, but I notice it’s actually wool (with lycra admixture) rather than cotton. Does anyone have experience with this kind fabric? Is it as cool-wearing as seersucker is supposed to be?

jellyroller

Reaction score
This is 100% on point. Without this forum I would not have thought both are actually in stock. Many times I find things on sale that don't come up when clicking on the ad (the first page when you go to the website) or through the email. if they pay money to fix, they actually would make up to it by generating more sale (I would think right!?)

I’ve had these experiences too. I assume that sometimes, items I’ve wanted have been in stock but not showing up. Other times, I’ve found things hidden deep in the crevices of the website. It worked to my advantage recently. I snagged a safari jacket I’d been eyeing for $140 (RRP $375). It was nowhere to be found on the website, but some magic combination of search words led me to it.

SteveMc

Reaction score
I’ve had these experiences too. I assume that sometimes, items I’ve wanted have been in stock but not showing up. Other times, I’ve found things hidden deep in the crevices of the website. It worked to my advantage recently. I snagged a safari jacket I’d been eyeing for $140 (RRP $375). It was nowhere to be found on the website, but some magic combination of search words led me to it.

I've noticed that as well. Some items are only found by search. This item I'm currently after, appeared on the Previews, then it became available on the New Arrivals - All section, and then it disappeared from both.

I won't tell which item because I don't want anyone grab it before I do :-D

Just kidding... it's the linen high rise trousers from Spence Bryson.

sdjackofclubs

Reaction score
SM Espadrilles.jpg

I thought Spier & Mackay could use some high praise in this forum. I've been wearing the new espadrilles around my house for the past several days. I find them to be light and airy and comfortable, and they look pretty good with jeans, chinos, and shorts. I bought them in my regular shoe size - 9 1/2. I highly recommend these to anyone looking for a classic, easy, and causal summer shoe.

JTrent82

Reaction score
Just a note: That sportcoat is already available. But for reasons that will probably remain mysterious, it is not under Previews, or New Arrivals, or even Sportcoats.

But...if you simply search "Moon" in the Search Box, it'll come up.

The new E Thomas WSL slub check is available too. I was only able to find it because it was under the "You May Also Like" suggestions on the page for the Moon jacket I had to keyword search to find.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potmonster1